What is that??

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 25th, 2007, 11:43 AM
willischomp's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to willischomp
Why it is QUIET (well, except for my bird singing beside me). Ian just laid down for a nap, the girls went over to a friend's to play for the day, Aaron is upstairs playing a video game and BIL just left for the night!! YAY!! DH said he was going to come home a bit early so maybe we can have a few minutes of quiet time before Ian wakes up. I am off to shower and enjoy it by myself now though!!!
May 25th, 2007, 11:53 AM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
NICE..we just got home..Noah stayed at my moms while we went to my friends..he's still there.. 2 kids are napping..one is resting and I am going to CHILL!
May 25th, 2007, 12:03 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Quiet in the middle of the day? OMGoodness am I jealous. I have one boy in the bathroom singing loudly to himself, one boy at the sink doing dishes and talking non-stop to another boy, and my daughter at the table reciting state names in every dorky voice she can think of.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

May 25th, 2007, 12:48 PM
willischomp's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to willischomp
ROTFL....now that sounds like a normal day at my house......I am enjoying this while I can. Although, now Aaron decided to bring his game downstairs to play on the big TV so I hear that in the other room.
May 25th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OH I'm so jealous of the quiet! This is day 2 of bouncing off of the walls with my little monsters.

May 25th, 2007, 02:49 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
Both of my kids are at "rest." Neither of them NAP anymore, but they always go to their rooms for 1-2 hours of time alone and quiet. Bryce reads, watches a movie, or builds with legos. Scotty plays leapster, looks at his books, or builds legos. It is one of my favorite times of day!! LOL
May 25th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Quiet... nice!

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

May 25th, 2007, 07:42 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I used to be very good about enforcing quiet time when the first few kids were little. Then it got to where we had more kids than we had rooms in the house! LOL!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

May 25th, 2007, 07:45 PM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
LOL..quiet time is more for ME then them.. luckily for us we have twice as many rooms as people..lol
May 26th, 2007, 05:46 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Quiet time is more for the kids than me here. Or rather, more for Ani than me. She just needs the chill out time. A&C are in the same room for it though. They spend it listening to an audiobook CD which lasts about an hour. I knew a family with 8 daughters and they had quiet time every day for two hours. Their bedroom was one big room in the basement and they all had to go there each day. It was for the mom's sanity. The oldest was well into her teenage years and still had quiet time. Once the mom was watching me and my sister (what was two more girls to add to the 8 lol) and we had to do quiet time, too, which was so weird to us since my mom never called it that when she'd shoo us into our bedroom to play on our own. It was strange all trooping down the stairs together and all.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search