Determined to do it

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2007, 06:52 AM
willischomp's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to willischomp
Ok ladies, I need some accountability. I really really want to loose about 20 pounds.......25 would be great. I am starting today to cut back what I eat and trying to exercise more. I am tired of feeling blah about myself and it is time to do something about it. So, anyone want to join me?
May 28th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll be your weight loss partner! I want to loose some weight too. I started trying about 3 months after Aiden was born. I've lost about 35 lbs already but I'm in a slump. I've started eating horribly and I'm not exercising as much as I should. I'm not gaining weight but I'm not loosing either. So maybe we can keep each other both in-line!
May 28th, 2007, 08:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay! I'm glad someone started it!! Chelita may be interested too! I will definitely do it!!

May 28th, 2007, 09:09 AM
willischomp's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to willischomp
Sounds great!! I will start a thread each day for us to "report" our progress.
May 28th, 2007, 09:45 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
*sigh* Every time I start loosing weight I get preggers. I'll definitely be joining you ladies in a few more months!! In the meantime, I'll be here to applaud your success!!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

May 28th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Good luck! I don't diet ever. I've naturally lost weight since I can't eat certain foods because of Fritz. I highly recommend going off corn syrup/high fructose corn syrup. Everyone I know (including myself) who has quit eating it has lost weight quickly.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

May 28th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I did that already. I went through everything in the house and threw out almost everything with high fructose corn syrup. I only lost 4 pounds. *sigh* I guess it's better than nothing. I really have to stop drinking so much soda. I'm a water drinker, but here lately I have been chugging the soda. That is probably half of why I feel so bad. I really just need to start excercising, even it is only a 30 min walk a day.

I'm hoping to lose some weight so I CAN get preggers! I was 246 lbs with both of my pregnancies, so this time around I would like to be a little smaller.

May 28th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Yeah, ditch the soda. It's liquid candy.

Smaller on the Outside

May 28th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I did that already. I went through everything in the house and threw out almost everything with high fructose corn syrup. I only lost 4 pounds. *sigh* I guess it's better than nothing. I really have to stop drinking so much soda. I'm a water drinker, but here lately I have been chugging the soda. That is probably half of why I feel so bad. I really just need to start excercising, even it is only a 30 min walk a day.

I'm hoping to lose some weight so I CAN get preggers! I was 246 lbs with both of my pregnancies, so this time around I would like to be a little smaller.[/b]

LOL that's why I want to loose the weight too. I want to be able to start trying once Aiden is a year... and that's in July. Hmm... don't think I'll make my goal...
May 28th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
yeah I don't think I'm gonna make it either. I've got SERIOUS baby fever and my "baby" is already 17 mos!

May 28th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well... we'll get there... hopefully...
May 28th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok...I want to lose 60 lbs. total. If I could lose 30 lbs to get preggers I would be thrilled!! Tomorrow I'm going for a walk at least 30 min and today was my last soda! I can do it, I can do it!

ETA: Oh I forgot to add I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow, so I'm going to pick up some healthy snacks. That is one of my problems that I don't eat the small 6 meals. I skip breakfast have a super small lunch and then a HUGE dinner. I'm going to try and have breakfast in the morning and go from there. I'm gonna jumpstart my metabolism! I hope it doesn't go into shock.

May 28th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes you can! I have to loose 30 more pounds until we can start trying again as well. Hehe... we'll keep you in shape. We'll make sure you do the exercise. All that I ask in return is that you do the same for me! ... But do I really have to give up soda?
May 28th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, I'm a Dr Pepper FREAK, so it's going to be hard, but I'm one of those that when I start drinking it I can't stop and then go a whole day on nothing but soda! For me, if I start with water, I will go all day with water.

We can do it!

May 28th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Yes, you absolutely must give up soda. Expect withdrawals. Seriously, not only the caffeine, but the corn syrup is highly addictive.

Before I got pregnant this time, I went on a Master Cleanse. It is also called the lemonade diet. You fast for 10 days on a lemon drink that is actually pretty tasty. I really didn't think I would be able to do it, but I did and lost about 15 pounds that never came back. I bring that up because part of the problem with the SAD (standard American diet) is that it is full of stuff that is very addictive. Usually when women "blow the diet" they go back to the foods they are addicted to. The Master Cleanse is supposed to be excellent support for the time it takes to physically get over the food addictions. Then after that, it is easier to make permanent dietary changes.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

May 28th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Did you read a book about it or something? I really would LOVE to do a detox, but a lot of them I have found say enemas, and I would like to avoid that if at all possible and do a full body detox.

May 28th, 2007, 09:03 PM
No enemas, lol! You do use an herbal laxative tea. I had a friend recommend it, and so I did some research online myself. There is a book, but I didn't buy it. I lost a bunch of links somehow, or I would share the websites I used. If you do a google for "Master Cleanse" you will find it. (BTW, I firmly believe that health-related research should be grounded in prayer! God wants us to be healthy!!)

May 28th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh I definitely agree!! I have done so much research on this and prayed about and honestly just been lazy. I know that right now I am not healthy b/c I am 60 lbs overweight. I know that I would benefit from getting healthy and losing the weight. I have slowly changed our eating habits, so we have come a long way, but I just really got the contented cow syndrome when I got married and then preggers and just haven't took the weight off. I have been thin my whole life, so I know I can get back there. I just have to get motivated.

I started looking for a detox when I started swaping out our junk for healthier foods and I found a lot of good information, but I quit when 90% of the detox programs want you to spend a lot of money for pills or do an enema. I found one that said the only way to detox the liver was to do a coffee enema!! I couldn't believe it!

May 29th, 2007, 04:48 AM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
You already know this but add me!! I lost that 8 pounds and have totally leveled off already..WTH??
May 29th, 2007, 05:17 AM
Probably water weight. A lot of people, particularly women, lost a lot for the first couple or three weeks and then start losing much slower. It really is safest and best to lose no more than 2-3 pounds per week on average. You are more likely to keep it off when it's slow.

Smaller on the Outside

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search