why must kids

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2007, 01:14 PM
ilovemy3wikids
be so mean Hailey was out playing with neighbor kids ( the one's that havn't ever been really nice ) and she was supposed to count to 100 I guess they were playing hide and seek or something and she missed 1 number and they called her stupid and shoved her down She came home crying again. There parents don't even care
May 28th, 2007, 02:07 PM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
UGH!! That is just SO uncalled for! How old are these <strike>brats</strike> I mean, kids, anyway? I'm afraid that, whether or not their parents care, I'D be out there giving them a talking to. I don't mean yelling at them or anything like that, just letting them know that you know how they acted and you don't appreciate them bullying your daughter like that. Sometimes all it takes to make things better is a grownup...ANY grownup...setting them straight.

We're dealing with a lot of drama lately in our neighborhood as well. There are 14 kids that live in our neighborhood, most of whom are girls, and they range in age from 3 to 13. (Most of them are around 7 or 8). While it might seem GREAT to have a neighborhood full of kids, it was nicer when there were just 4 girls, plus 3 little brothers and 1 little sister! There's so much FIGHTING!! I don't EVER remember fighting with my friends like that, or being horrible and mean like that.

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

May 28th, 2007, 03:16 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I'm so sorry. We dealt with a lot of this in our old neighborhood. It is sad.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

May 28th, 2007, 03:46 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Ugh. I'm sorry. How will these kids ever learn if their parents do nothing?

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

May 28th, 2007, 05:09 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Sometimes it is worse than the parents doing nothing. Once I had to break up a fight between Joseph, who was 4, and a neighbor's child who was 5. I was telling them both that fighting is never allowed. The kid said, "He was bein' mean and my Daddy said if anybody ever gives me trouble I'm supposed to kick their #####."

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

May 28th, 2007, 05:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Some people never cease to amaze me! It's so sad that raising children with manners and such is not the norm!

May 28th, 2007, 05:45 PM
ilovemy3wikids
I tried to tell the kids everyone makes mistakes and they wern't being nice and they told me they can treat her however they want, needless to say I got her back home with me It makes me so sad. Why would there parents want them to treat others like this. Sometimes I feel like I am the only parent in this area that sets rules, limits, and won't let my 6 yr old run around in the streets unsupervised after dark, didn't know I was in the wrong
May 28th, 2007, 07:02 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
they told me they can treat her however they want[/b]
I agree with Lisa, those kids are brats. I would try very hard to have nothing to do with them. Does Hailey still want to keep playing with them?

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
May 28th, 2007, 07:07 PM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
Jog my memory....what has been your experience dealing with these kids parents in the past? If I remember correct, the apple isn't falling too far from the tree. It seems that the parents aren't too nice themselves, right?

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

May 29th, 2007, 07:04 AM
ilovemy3wikids
Yes, the parents of these kids are best friends and the kids are carbon copies of the parents. Hailey wants friends so bad that she wants toplay with anyone. It breaks my heart that we havn't found a good homeschool group here and that the neighborhood kids are like this. She makes friends at thte Y but we live in a small town about 15 miles from the Y so none of the kids are ever allowed to come here, that's why we are hopeing to move to the city that the Y is in when we move. We'd be very close to the Y and DH's work then!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search