Horrible cartoon on TV

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2007, 03:18 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So yesterday at about 5pm we had our ABC channel on. This time of day has cartoons for older kids and they are always such rubbish that I normally switch it off at 5pm. I was standing there watching a bit because I saw the title "Homeschool" DD come into the lounge and saw this cartoon which I was about to turn off. She was saying could she watch..pleaseeee!! *sigh* So I said ok and stayed to watch it too. I was wondering how an American cartoon would portray homeschooling. Uggg! So these teenage animals (lol literally they were animated animals of some type) get suspended from school from blowing up the lab. As they walk they pass a kid in his front yard who turns out to be homeschooled. Then the dad of one of these animals says that’s a great idea and dad immediately starts them painting the fence and doing all manner of jobs around the house and yard while he sits in his hammock and calls it homeschool. So then the other kids from the school want to homeschool too and they all come over to there house to "dads homeschool" Why when it looked like 24 hour child labour I don't know. But nearly the whole school comes over. Obviously dads jobs win over school work. Then there is some game show that the school is meant to go to but only 2 students are left and they need 3. One critter decides he's sick of homeschool so he's going back to school. Because while "homeschooling is fun he wants to learn something so he better enrol in school" So then the 'homeschooling' kids decide to send 3 to this game show too. They compete against each other with the school side at 2450 and the homeschool side at 0 2 of the homeschool kids leave the panel and only one is left whose answer to every question is "Queen Elizabeth" so then the last question is what colour does red and blue make and his friend on the school side whispers what colour did they make in the lab and he answers back "Purple"! and so the homeschool side scores 2. After that the kid agrees he needs to learn as do the others so they all go back to school. THE END.

Ugg uggg ugg! Way to go at making homeschooling look like child labour and as if homeschooled kids are stupid idiots and that kids only learn at school. Never mind the fact that the teenage dunce who only knows Queen Elizabeth as an answer has supposedly been at school for years and only just started being 'homeschooled'. I am sure the unconscious effect will be to plant a seed that homeschoolers are stupid.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
May 31st, 2007, 04:05 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
How weird. Sounds like a "lovely" piece of crap.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

May 31st, 2007, 04:20 PM
That about sums it up.

May 31st, 2007, 04:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's amazing to me the kind of garbage they feed children!

May 31st, 2007, 04:36 PM
angeleyz's Avatar Veteran
UGH! I hope they get flooded with letters of complaints for that one. How incredibly ignorant!!!

Dade: 7
Alora & Kylie: 5
Jada: 3

</div><div align="center"><div align='center'>My Personal Blog</div><div align="center">
</div></div>
May 31st, 2007, 04:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What was the name of this cartoon??! That's terrible!

May 31st, 2007, 05:09 PM
I have no idea what show it was. I have searched the ABC children’s guide online and still can't find anything that looks similar. When I look up Thursday(that’s when it was on) it only shows for next Thursday, and it isn't on. *sigh*

May 31st, 2007, 05:39 PM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a jacked up piece of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 7th, 2007, 09:39 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
What a jacked up piece of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]
Oh my gosh! Sherri! I just DIED laughing when I read that from you!

June 8th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lol! Crap describes it pretty well, course I can think of sewage, slime, junk, malarky, etc. etc. So many words come to mind. How nice of them for "educating" school children to mistreat others more than they already do. Glad not to have viewed it. Like Mean Girls for little kids.

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

June 8th, 2007, 01:25 AM
[quote][Oh my gosh! Sherri! I just DIED laughing when I read that from you! /quote]

Same here! I was like what!

June 8th, 2007, 05:35 AM
Kangaroo510
I hate childrens media all together!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search