Back to normal...

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2007, 08:32 PM
willischomp's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to willischomp
Hi everyone! I think tomorrow we should be getting back to a more normal schedule. We had tons of fun last week at VBS but we were all wiped out by Friday night!! Saturday, Aaron and I worked on the yard next door. There are 3 houses around us that are for sale and Aaron was asked to cut the grass and keep them up unitl they sell. (He cuts grass to earn money). Anyway, we decided that we are going to do it as a family effort and then use the money from doing it to go on a mini vacatin at the end of August. The yard next door was grown up really bad and had lots of HUGE weeds. We got it all cleaned up and mowed but man oh man.....I was so sort yesterday!! Today has been better but I am still a little sore. Sunday, Randy went in to work for a few hours and the kids and I went to church. We went grocery shopping on the way home and then picked Randy up. We just hung out the rest of the day, Randy and I did our yard and then we just all played outside in the yard with water (the rocket!!) and visited with neighbors. My brothers came by to pick Aaron up so he could work today and tomorrow. Ian came down with a fever last night after he had gone to bed. He woke up crying and his temp was 101.7 under his arm! He finally went back to sleep and slept all night though. This morning, Randy took the day off. We loaded up the bikes and went over to a nice lake/park that is just a few miles from here. The kids played and we watched the geese. We rode bikes around the lake which is a one mile path all the way around. We all rode around the first time, then I wanted to go once at a faster pace so Kristen went with me and Randy stayed with Morgan at the playground. Then we rested for a minute and had a drink and tried to keep the geese off us! They would not leave us alone and one tried to chase Ian!! He was so scared. Then we rode around the lake once more before heading home....so that made a total of 3 miles of bike riding for me! This afternoon, I cleaned and finished ALL the laundry while Randy worked outside some more. We had a nice dinner and then sat out on the back porch for awhile. Now everyone is sleeping and I am enjoying a minute of quiet before I head to bed. Tomorrow, Randy is going back to work and we will just be here. Wednesday we are going with the church group to a waterpark about 45 minutes away. That should be fun!! The rest of the week we don't have anything else except for a birthday party for Morgan's friend on Saturday so I should be around a little more!
June 18th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like fun! Glad things have calmed down for you guys!

June 18th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Dang you've been busy! Glad VBS went well and you guys got a lot done!

June 18th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep, VBS will wipe you out. It's fun, no doubt, but will wipe you out. Plus, it looks like you were busy in lots of other ways too. That's how I was the week of Bible School...almost overloaded myself! It was fun, though. Having lots of friends over is part of what makes VBS so fun!!
June 19th, 2007, 12:14 AM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow...that is alot...keep that up and you would be one buff mama!

Enjoy the water park on Wed.

June 19th, 2007, 06:05 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
You sure have been busy! I had to chuckle at the image of the geese chasing Ian. My mom had two pet geese when I was little and most of the time during the day they were allowed to roam free. When I was around 2 they'd chase me down and knock me over and sit on me like I was their egg and they were too heavy for me to push off.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

June 19th, 2007, 06:08 AM
willischomp's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to willischomp
ROTFL....that sounds so funny but to a two year old I am sure it wasn't funny at all!! We did get a laugh when the goose chased Ian too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search