Hi everyone!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2007, 04:46 AM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
I'm still here, reading posts and stuff! I found that once we started summer break, I started spending waaay too much time on my laptop, reading JM and blogs, so I've really tried to cut back on my time on the computer when The Kids are awake.

Yesterday was Reilly's 7th birthday! I can't believe she's 7 already...where did my little baby girl go? We had her "friend party" on Saturday (painting pottery at a studio called Purple Glaze - fun!) but we saved her presents from us to open ON her birthday. I put up balloons and a birthday banner in the kitchen after she went to bed the night before, so she thought that was neat to wake up to. Then I made pancakes and bacon for breakfast. THEN we had to take Supey to the vet because he was SICK, so that was a bit of a boring time. But he doesn't have feline leukemia or feline HIV, so that's good, and they gave him fluids and Kitty Tylenol to get his fever down, and antibiotic and he seems to be feeling better. Poor kitty! After the vet, we went to a movie theatre that has a "free kids movie" series that they do in the summer and saw "Shrek" (the first one) which we've seen 84,000 times but it was fun to see it on The Big Screen and eat movie popcorn. Reilly requested chicken a'la king for her birthday dinner, so I made that for her last night and she opened her presents. It was a good day!

It was funny, though, as we were driving somewhere yesterday I started asking Reilly math facts, 'cuz I figured it wouldn't hurt and she started squirming and complaining and I asked her what the problem was and she says, "Mooom! We're supposed to be on summer break!" It's amazing how her little selective memory works because I KNOW I told her that we were going to be doing "some math" while we were on summer break! She's gonna be REAL squirmy here in a week or so when I break out the MUS DVD and start working on subtraction!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

June 19th, 2007, 04:49 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Glad things are going well. 7 seems so much older than 6. I don't know why, but it does. Sorry Supey was sick, but glad it wasn't something really bad.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

June 19th, 2007, 05:12 AM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes my post count has past yours!
Happy Birthday Reilly! Apart from poor Supey it sounds like a great day. Do you have Monopoly or Monopily Junior? If not buy one and i bet she wont even notice the maths!
What presents did you get Reilly?

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
June 19th, 2007, 06:13 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You can't be a lurker...we miss you too much.
I understand, though. I have been reading and not posting much. I have tried to do better the past couple of days. I'm sure once my new laptop comes in, hopefully today, that I will be Miss Posting Queen.
Happy birthday to your baby girl!!! We almost had the same birthday, didn't we?
I left you a little note in my post this morning about ordering curriculum. Go find it..haha.
Have a great day!
June 19th, 2007, 06:41 AM
wolfpack's Avatar I need a frappuccino!
So glad that her birthday was good!!! Jay turned five yesterday as well, so I think June 18th is a GREAT day for a birthday! Isn't it scary how they get soooo big soooo fast?

How funny that she didn't want to do math! lol Sounds like me. I hope that the DVD goes better than the question session did!

Oh! And big hugs for your kitty! I hope she gets better soon!

June 19th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Happy Birthday, Reilly!! Get Well Soon, Supey!! Glad you had an overall good day! Hopefully, starting the math won't be like pulling teeth.

June 19th, 2007, 07:00 AM
~hsingtreehouse~
Happy Birthday Reilly!!!! Bryce will be 8 this year (in Aug) and I so dread it! I agree with Heather...each year seems so much older than the last!

I have done the same thing you are lately. I was spending WAYYYYY too much time on here and online in general and I have had to cut back too!

Oh, and I have been a lazy bum and not had school this week either. GRRRRRR Just seems there is always something to do. Today we have to go down the mountain to the dentist.
June 19th, 2007, 10:27 AM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
hey chicka.. Happy Birthday to the GIRL..amazing! Sorry bout the kitty ...
June 19th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That is exactly the reason why I don't even mention the idea of a summer break or a break at all- DS would run with it and I'd never get him to do anything. We just take breaks without a word and he never notices. Probably the difference between four and seven though! Kids grow up waaaaay too fast!

June 19th, 2007, 04:14 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Ani tried to convince me to have a summer break. Then I told her if we did she couldn't go on vacation with her grandparents like she did for a week in November, or take a week off just because like we did in March, or go to FL with her grandparents for a week like she did in May, or go to Williamsburg for a week in September/October like we will be as a family this fall. She quickly decided year round school is a much better idea lol

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

June 21st, 2007, 07:42 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awwww hug that birthday gal for me!

June 21st, 2007, 08:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Ani tried to convince me to have a summer break. Then I told her if we did she couldn't go on vacation with her grandparents like she did for a week in November, or take a week off just because like we did in March, or go to FL with her grandparents for a week like she did in May, or go to Williamsburg for a week in September/October like we will be as a family this fall. She quickly decided year round school is a much better idea lol[/b]
I'll bet she did! You just convinced me too! I like to be able to take a week off with no stress (although I stress myself out anyways ) But just that you can takes so much pressure off so if something really comes up or an opportunity comes up that you just can't miss, then you...don't have to miss it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search