It Has Begun

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have officially started ordering/planning for next year. I usually have all of my stuff ordered by now, but just couldn't get going with it. I love Ebay. I can't imagine buying all of this stuff straight from the distributors. Most of what I get from Ebay is brand new. Some of the textbooks are used, but not all of them.

I got the Abeka Old World History and Geography TE from Ebay for $11.00 after shipping and everything.....It would have cost almost $25.00 new from the Abeka catalog.

I lost one auction last night for the BJU Science 4 TE book....................I was winning up until 20 seconds before it closed. I was SO MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a love/hate relationship with Ebay....but mostly I LOVE it!!!

Now, I need to take some pics of the books that I am ready to sell and get them posted on Ebay. Then, I will have some money in my paypal to pay for some of these books that I am buying.

Lisa, how are you doing with next year's stuff.
What about others who are taking the summer off? Do you already have your stuff for next year?
June 19th, 2007, 06:32 AM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
We have everything but a few little things..like Art and Music for the wee ones.. I will order those come payday..lol..awesome on getting your stuff..I don't use ebay anymore for a variety of reasons..lol
June 19th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Ordering is so fun!

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

June 19th, 2007, 06:37 AM
wolfpack's Avatar I need a frappuccino!
How Exciting!!! I am glad you have a lot of your curriculum!!! I need to go look some of our stuff up on Ebay.

We will be ordering next month. Then a crammed planning session. lol I am so excited!

June 19th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I kicked myself b/c they were selling the readers for our phonics program 3 for the price of 1 and they were still all new!! I didn't get it thinking they'd have another one and they haven't had one yet! GRRRRR!!!
I havent checked lately so I'll have to do that! I learned my lesson- NEVER pass up a good deal!

June 19th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good for you! You are much more organized and prepared than I am. I just realized the other day that I really need to get on the ball. I had forgotten that I was planning to start back first week of Aug. That only leaves me 6 weeks or so to get my act together and start ordering. I really need to get some things listed on Ebay too so I can have the funds to order everything I need.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
June 19th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Veteran
I just ordered from Sonlight this week. I am so excited to get back into this!!

Kim

KB-9
BM-5
ER-2

June 20th, 2007, 04:33 AM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
Quote:
Lisa, how are you doing with next year's stuff.
What about others who are taking the summer off? Do you already have your stuff for next year?[/b]
Next year? You mean there's going to be a NEXT YEAR?!? Nope, I refuse to believe it...it's summer vacation...nothing exists but fun and sun and pools. Oh, wait, it's raining cats and dogs. Nothing exists but mud and puddles!

I ordered and received Primer and Beta for math for next year, and I intend to order Learning Language Arts Through Literature but I've not done it yet. I need to research a bit more because I can order it through Mardel, our Christian bookstore, but I think it's a little more expensive ($10 or so) BUT I don't have to pay shipping...but if I order it online I probably won't have to pay tax, so it's a toss up. (Not that I'm against paying tax, so don't call the IRS on me or anything!)
I'm going to use Handwriting Without Tears, but I think I'm just going to get that at the Learning Store here in town so I don't have to pay shipping. I decided not to do any formal science because of all the science that they'll be doing at AHEE (the co-op), so I'm not purchasing anything for that right now. If she shows interest in something, I'll put together a unit study later.
I've got Story of the World already, but I'm not sure if I'm going to use it next year or wait until Deco is officially in kindergarten. I've been thinking of getting a book I've seen called "Cantering the Country" which (supposedly) covers a wide range of subjects through studying the different states, but I'm not sure. I have a friend who has the book, I need to borrow it from her and look through it.

SO, the short answer to your question is that I've ordered and received ONE subject for next year, but I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to get for the rest of the subjects!!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

June 20th, 2007, 06:02 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was planning on taking the summer off, but my kiddos insisted we continue. I had already ordered & recieved everything by May, so I was at least half-way prepared. I'm kinda bummed now though because there's nothing left to order.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

June 20th, 2007, 12:40 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lisa your so funny.

Sherrie that is great! I plan on getting on ebay for school really soon. But I did just win a dashund petshop for the kids. Should be here next week. They are going to love it because they have a little weenie dog.

June 20th, 2007, 02:56 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am guessing we will be doing MUS and Alphabet Phonics next year. I would like to start my history units next year as well, but who knows?? next year is 7 months away here!

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
June 20th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We're going to take our break in August and part of September and start "next year" starting late september/october. I have two curriculum sales to do; one this weekend. But I have my list ready to go and if I can't get what I need at the sales I'll be ordering it in July!

June 20th, 2007, 03:47 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
I am at a loss for what to buy. I have things I want, but I would be jumping the gun to buy them now. Scotty is not yet ready....but I want them!!!

JO - all those winter thing threw me for a loop!!! Then I realized...it is NOT summer in Australia, is it?? Goodness! My little brain. And I am going to homeschool my kids...wish them luck!!!
June 20th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Lol I like using my seasonal smilies although I realize it must seem crazy to all of you seeing those snowy things LOl.
I am updating my siggy right now and having some troubles. Stupid tags L0l.

June 20th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to CharmieCM
We took off pretty much from January until a couple of weeks ago, and I did my ordering at the end of May. However, I'm realizing that in my attempt to be frugal, I skipped some stuff I really should have bought. So, I've ordered again and I'm not having much liking for the delayed gratification that WinterPromise teaches so well (they don't ship for 4-7 days!). Soon we'll have our complete curriculum:
WinterPromise Children Around the World (www.winterpromise.com). I have the IG and the spines, but not the readers or the prayer journal. The readers Im getting from the library as needed and the prayer journal we're just skipping because they're not ready for that much writing! The map is on order because it is just too hard to replicate that fun, hands on activity.
Queen Homeschool language lessons for the young (Samuel) and very young (Atley).
Right Start Math Level A (remedial for Samuel and slow intro. for Atley)

I expect that I'll have to buy Right Start level B sometime in the near future.

Melissa...I didn't realize that you're local. If you find yourself wanting to see and touch something before you order, I have a sampling of things over here, and I have friends who have samlings of other things, too. Feel free to shoot me an e-mail!
June 20th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Quote:
they don't ship for 4-7 days![/b]
Is that all! Lol try waiting 9-12 weeks for an Eagles Wings box to arive over here when Gymboree ship in 5 days!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search