Who's On the Hot Seat?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
In an effort to help her with her posting goals, Chelita (MissyPrincessEha) is on the hot seat this week! Let's give her a busy week!

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

June 19th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Me First!!!

1. If you could do anything you wanted today, what would you do?

2. What color was your first bike?

3. What is one of your most memorable Christmas mornings?

4. Where did you go on your honeymoon?

5. Did you cry when your boys were born?
June 19th, 2007, 06:43 AM
wolfpack's Avatar I need a frappuccino!
What is your favorite color?

What is your favorite book?

If you could meet any book character who would it be?

Do you have a favorite children's author?

When did you know you wanted to be a mommy?

Are you a casual gal, or do you prefer to be a more dressy gal?

June 19th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How many more children would you like to have?
What were your boys like as infants?
What does your DH do for a living?
What's one thing you are most proud of with each of your boys?
What would your boys have been named if they were girls?
What do you do to relax?
What's your guilty pleasure?
How old were you when you got married?
How did your husband propose?
How long did you date him before he popped the question?
What is your favorite thing to cook?
What's your favorite thing to do when it's nice outside?

June 19th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Wow, you guys really covered all the questions I was gonna ask...except for....
how many shoes do you own?

June 19th, 2007, 02:53 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yer guys leave us some questions! Lol
Ummmm??
What colours did you have for your wedding?
If you had an all expenses paid trip to anywhere, where would you go?
What is your favorite room in your house?

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
June 19th, 2007, 04:05 PM
So where is she lol

What's your middle name?
Why were you named what you are named?
Why do you call your husband Mattmos?
What makes you smile about your boys?
When's your birthday?
Who's your hero?
What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Smaller on the Outside

June 19th, 2007, 05:20 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Chelita, come out, come out wherever you are!

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
June 20th, 2007, 05:30 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Let's see...

What time of year did you get married?
How long have you been married?
Did you have a church wedding or other (ie: outside)?
Can we see a picture of your wedding dress?
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

June 20th, 2007, 01:06 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am here!!!! Okay I will answer these before I am off with my kids and hubby today.

Quote:
Me First!!!

1. If you could do anything you wanted today, what would you do?

2. What color was your first bike?

3. What is one of your most memorable Christmas mornings?

4. Where did you go on your honeymoon?

5. Did you cry when your boys were born?[/b]
1. I would pack up and go on a vacation with my men. Anywhere is fine.
2. I believe it was pink and white.
3. Oh it has to be when I woke up to find a gocart with a car body and it was pink and white and my daddy had named it tickled pink...it was awesome...I have a pic somewhere...wanna see?
4. We went to Mobile, Al. for one night. We were due back to work one day after we were married. We got married without telling a soul!
5. OH YES!

Quote:
What is your favorite color? I like purple alot, but blue and pink is also up there.

What is your favorite book? It was a book about Sacajawea sp?, I can't remember the title...but is was awesome how she carried that baby all along this new world while helping Louis and Clark. She was in my mind the whole time I birthed Remy on my own.

If you could meet any book character who would it be? Mmmmmmm...Fictional? I have no idea. But a real person would be the above or some of the early women in the bible...I would love to chat with them.

Do you have a favorite children's author? I love the Serendipity Collections.

When did you know you wanted to be a mommy? Right before getting married. Until then I didn't.

Are you a casual gal, or do you prefer to be a more dressy gal? I like to be comfy. I am one of those that likes to dress up every now and then for the shock value of it. People forget how smokin' hot I am. When I do dress up I sing one of two things to my hubby while he watches with amusement:
Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me and My lovely lady lumps. [/b]

How many more children would you like to have? atleast 4

What were your boys like as infants? Eli was a very sweet and kissy baby. He loved to sit with me and always had to be touching me. Remy was a very nursey baby but he was ready to be grown from the moment he came out. He did love his sling which gave me more special time with him.

What does your DH do for a living? He is a manager at a Ritz camera store and he is slowly building his photography biz back up. He had a great one in Florida but we moved.

What's one thing you are most proud of with each of your boys? I love how well Eli does with his diabetes. He is so wonderful and strong. So his strentgh is remarkable. I love how daring and adventerous Remy is.

What would your boys have been named if they were girls? Eli - Gwendolyn Rose Remy - Willa Rose

What do you do to relax? I get on here, read, sew, and take a good bath

What's your guilty pleasure? wine I rarely have it, like 1 or 2 times a year, but I love it!

How old were you when you got married?19

How did your husband propose? He put my rings in one of those packages of stick on earrings and fake rings and handed it to me when he got back to his parents house from the store. I looked at it and was like oh thanks. I loved those as a child...he said yea they were on clearance. Then I noticed everyone looking at me. And I think he said do you like the green one...and then I saw it and it was my emerald stone with diamonds sitting in there. I was so embarrased I ran to his moms closet. I just had so many emotions and I didn't know how to act! I needed to be out of sight. He followed me and got into the closet with me and asked me to marry him with a kiss. *sigh*

How long did you date him before he popped the question? about 4 months. But without a ring...a week.

What is your favorite thing to cook? Anything with nice crisp and fresh veggies, with a savory flavor, and homemade bread.

What's your favorite thing to do when it's nice outside? Well, nice for me is rain. I like to drive and play in the rain. If it is nice sunny weather that doesn't kill me I like the beach or water parks or just the park.

how many shoes do you own? 5 I am not a shoe person. 2 dressy ones, 1 sandal, 1 tennis, 1 regular casual dressy brown shoe.

What colours did you have for your wedding? It was white and black, but it was a small spur of the moment wedding. The only thing I never planned for in my life. My parents and sister and his parents and siblings, oh and my grandparents....and the paster who married us.

If you had an all expenses paid trip to anywhere, where would you go? Alaska! Or England or France. Oh and Italy!

What is your favorite room in your house? My living room.

June 20th, 2007, 01:14 PM
What's your middle name? Lanelle

Why were you named what you are named? I don't understand?

Why do you call your husband Mattmos? Okay, I used to sing a little song... Matt Matt the big fat Bat....because his siblings did to tease him. He was really chubby as a kid, but when I met him he was skinny. I have a thing for pet names...just ask charlotte. And I one day started calling him atchoo.....which turned into Mattmo and then Mattmos. I also sometimes call him Mattamorous. It is just a silly thing...my kids have names too. I make up little songs with new pet names all the time.

What makes you smile about your boys? Eli talking like he is grown and with such expression. Remy catching bugs.

When's your birthday? July 10th 1978

Who's your hero? My fathers mother and my son.

What's your favorite flavor of ice cream? I like pistachio

What time of year did you get married? We were married on Valentine's Day.

How long have you been married? 10 years this coming anni.

Did you have a church wedding or other (ie: outside)? We were married in our small little church with just a few guest...nothing like what I wanted. My mother was a tyrant so we just said to heck with it.

Can we see a picture of your wedding dress? Yep! I will try to scan a pic asap. It was just a white dress from penny's.

June 20th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Not only were we born the same year, we were married the same year. Jamie and I were married 9 years June 5th.

I want to see the go cart picture!

I meant Why did your parents name you Chelita Lanelle? Where'd they come up with your name from?

Smaller on the Outside

June 20th, 2007, 09:19 PM
That is really neat Heather!

I will scan the go cart one with my wedding one soon.

My parents named me Chelita after a friend they had. Lanelle is my mothers middle name. It is a family name.

June 21st, 2007, 04:49 AM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
When did you know you wanted to be a midwife?
What was your first birth as a student midwife like? (I'm assumming that you've attended...I don't know exactly how student midwifery works!!)
What is the scariest moment you've had as a student midwife?
What were you like in high school?
What is your favorite thing about yourself?
What is your LEAST favorite thing about yourself?

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

June 21st, 2007, 12:31 PM
When did you know you wanted to be a midwife?
Well, from the time of my first labor and birth my interest was there. Up until that point it was all about just getting through this horrible thing I would have to do in order to have my baby in my arms. After Eli's birth I was hooked...and it evolved slowly. Then I was pg with Remy and I didn't like any of the choices I had concerning birth in my area. I knew by this point that I was more than able to birth a baby my way...but the OBs here were something else. Old school boys who ran the show. And well...we clashed.

I was to use a midwife in Florida but I couldn't stand birthing at my mothers and I missed my hubby so much. This lead to me birthing my baby on my own with just my hubby and Eli. It was great to just labor and birth without medical staff poking on me and ruining my vibe. I can still remember turning around and Matthew putting Remy in my arms. He was delicious and he was my little secret still. In that dark and quiet room I held my prize and I knew a secret...that we women have been fooled...we have had THIS moment taken from us....in that pure and raw form of normal human labor and birth I was changed. And I knew I had to help other women to have it. That moment! In the comfort of their home with the things and people they love, without fear and with great power to give birth in such a natural and real way. It is addictive. And I can never attend too many of them. I always want more. It is in me...it is who I am. I just didn't know it until Remy forced me to see it.

What was your first birth as a student midwife like? (I'm assumming that you've attended...I don't know exactly how student midwifery works!!)
Oh goodness...it was OVERWHELMING! I had been a doula since September of 2003....started midwifery school in April of 2005 and by that winter I was at my first birth. It was nothing like my doula births. And I had some good births as a doula. The homebirth I was so desiring didn't happen. We had to transport for some strange thing. I was crushed. I had gotten so close to this mom...I adored her. She wanted it so bad too. *sigh*

Her labor was great and I was amazed at the difference in the hospital to home laboring. I realized for the first time that I was learning to give peace and gentle care to mothers. And she had the birth she had for a reason...which was a homebirth transport with a section. I still cringe when I think of that cut in her beautiful model like belly that I so adored.

My first full birth was a blast! But even more overwhelming. I have just now gotten to the point where it doesn't stress me out with all that is expected of me. And have come to a place where I crave more responsibility...but I need to polish a few things before I will fully move on.

Oh and seeing that first baby come out! It was heaven! My soul was quenched.

What is the scariest moment you've had as a student midwife?
That would be the last birth I attended. A sticky fat baby that needed help out and a slow to start baby was intense...but I always felt at peace with the mother and the baby. Like God was saying it will be okay. What really freaked me out was the sounds this mama made when the pain was so hard. I didn't want to have another baby for a few months. I still get cold feet when I think of it. Whew!

But that was also my favorite birth because I noticed things and even before my preceptor said something I was aware in some form. I could really feel my experience guiding me. That was worth every moment.

What were you like in high school?
The same...but more fearful of what people thought and more needy of people liking me. I also felt I wasn't smart. Other than that, I was the same. I had great friends and I was in love with a guy named Keith Weeden. He made my heart pitter patter. But now he is a burnout. I loved theater and music so I acted and sang alot. I needed those outlets to be different from how I felt. It was my escape.

I also only completed the 9th grade. And I had my GED in December 2004. I didn't like school. But now I know why!

What is your favorite thing about yourself?
I don't know if I have a favorite. I really like myself. Let's see, my face, my hands, my heart for others.

What is your LEAST favorite thing about yourself?
That I always worry if I am enough or too much. I fight this still.

June 21st, 2007, 02:25 PM
So tell us some details about this baby...

Smaller on the Outside

June 21st, 2007, 02:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
YEP! That's what I wanna know too!!!

June 21st, 2007, 04:53 PM

Well, I have had to distance myself from it all. Matthew and I want him to be ours. So does his grandparents and aunt and uncle. The mother is like whatever. But she uses him to play against the dad. It is a crazy mess. And I can't be in the middle of it. The dad's mother wants him too and they are filing to get him. The girls mother is filing and then if that goes through he will be mine. So we will see. I adore him. And I already have a heart for him that is motherly. It is all very confusing for me. Just be in prayer. I do see him whenever I want and he loves me and I him.

June 21st, 2007, 05:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Awww, what a hard situation!

June 21st, 2007, 05:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I bet that is tough, Chelita! ((HUGS)) I will keep you and that situation in my prayers!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search