Uh Oh...

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 19th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Kangaroo510
Here I sit. Waiting patiently. Ok, maybe not so patiently. I'm split between emotions. Am I happy and excited or scared and terrified? It depends on the moment! Can you guess why??? Come on.... it shouldn't be that difficult!

There is a good chance that I'm pregnant!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I feel better now that I've shared that with somebody! (Don't share it with anybody else now y'all!) See, here's what happened. I don't really do pharmacutical drugs as long as I can help it so I haven't been on any sort of birth control pill. We haven't used any protection for a while other than the pull out method (yes, hardly accurate and more info than you all wanted!) and I recently started getting into the natural family planning. Basically we avoid the week of ovulation. The only problem with that is I'm a very busy mommy who works full time and sometimes I can't remember which day it is let alone what week I'm supposed to ovulate!! So, my DH and I steal a few minutes the other day while Dahlia was busy eating (hey, you gotta take the moments when you can get them!) and in my head I'm going "Ok, this is the last day we can do this because it's the beginning of the "O" week". We have our fun and off we go to our next journey. Later that day something in my brain clicks (I think it was the sound of the cobwebs getting pulled away and the gears starting to work again) and I grab my phone to check the calendar. Then it hits me, today isn't the last safe day... TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!!!!!!! THE BIG ONE!!!!! THE STAY AWAY FROM ME DAY!!!!!!! I sit, trying to hang on as my emotional rollercoaster goes screaming around the first giant loop. Needless to say I made it back from the ride safely, although I seem to keep getting in line over and over again for the same ride! I told my husband last night about how I messed up. He wasn't exactly overjoyed about the situation but he didn't kick me out of the bed either. He's leaning on the "I hope we aren't pregnant" side. I'm stranded right in the middle! I know if we are pregnant he will be happy and excited but at the same time scared out of his mind. We are still in debt and live in a 2 bedroom townhome with no ideas as to when we can buy a house! But, the love we have for our Dahlia is amazing and we can't wait to experience all of those feelings with another little one.

All this to say.... I'll let you all know in 2 weeks..... Pray for us!
June 19th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I hope it turns out... well, how you want which sounds like either way would be good! Ani and Cameron are 19 1/2 months apart. I wouldn't trade that for the world. In fact I'm getting a little antsy for Fritz to get a close sibling, but so far that's not possible. Breastfeeding is still working to prevent ovulation for me.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

June 19th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Kangaroo510
I want my kids to be close. I was wanting to start trying for the next one when Dahlia turned a year. We aren't really that far off. If it wasn't for still having some debt and not knowing when we will be able to buy a house then I wouldn't be as worried.
June 19th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My youngest and the one to come will only be a year and a month apart! I almost feel like that's too close because I really didn't get to enjoy the baby part with my youngest due to being fat and pregnant.
I hope it all turns out for you the way you want!

June 19th, 2007, 11:58 AM
Kangaroo510
One of the kids I used to babysit just turned a year on May 22nd and her sister was born May 30th. I'm glad I've made it this long!
June 19th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
WHOA!!! now that's close!

June 19th, 2007, 12:42 PM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
My sisters kiddos are Sept 20th and Sept 6th..exactly 11.5 months apart..that is a wee too close..mine are 7.5 YEARS, 20 and 22 months.. which is perfect.. It's so weird not either having a newborn or about to have a newborn...
June 19th, 2007, 01:25 PM
wolfpack's Avatar I need a frappuccino!
Hugs sweetie!!!! Don't worry! You are having two in a two bedroom house. We are having number four in a two bedroom house! lol The last two are little miracles. Birth Control doesn't do squat. lol

We are waiting on seeing about a new house until March when hubby graduates from Medical School.

June 19th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Kangaroo510
Beyond - Ok, my situation isn't so bad! Congrats to your hubby on completing medical school. I always wanted to go into medicine but didn't want to be in school forever so I became and EMT. Loved it!

I love your picture by the way. Was that hand drawn for you?
June 19th, 2007, 02:23 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, yes I guesd from the first two lines. That would be a scare. It sounds just a bit early but not a catastophy, so
Congrates which ever way?

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
June 19th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope that it turns out the way you want it too, although it seems like your mind it going to be made up for you.

June 19th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
We have three kids in a three bedroom rented townhouse. We're likely never going to be able to afford a house (run in the $500K+ range around here). We've seriously discussed us buying a big house with my parents and all living together. We lived together for a year before Jamie got the job here in VA and we loved it. I still miss living with my parents and it's been almost 3 years. Anyway, even though we have three bedrooms one of the bedrooms is a library because Ani and Cameron refuse to sleep apart. Fritz is in our bed for now. Until July we had lived for two years in a two bedroom apartment. We moved a week and a half after Fritz was born. Kids come when they come for a reason. Debt and the size of your house don't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

June 19th, 2007, 04:47 PM
wolfpack's Avatar I need a frappuccino!
Quote:
Beyond - Ok, my situation isn't so bad! Congrats to your hubby on completing medical school. I always wanted to go into medicine but didn't want to be in school forever so I became and EMT. Loved it!

I love your picture by the way. Was that hand drawn for you?[/b]
I'm Melissa No, I had hubby take a pic and it didn't turn out right. So I took it into photoshop and played around with it. It is called "photocopy." Thanks for the compliment though!

Yes, Jamie loves medicine!! He is going into family practice. I am glad that you still got to do medicine. EMT's see some very interesting stuff from what I have heard.

I hope that things work out for you guys either way. Huge Hugs!!!!

June 19th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Kangaroo510
Mellisa ~ I have a picture of me that I did the same thing in photoshop. I think it looks really cool. Somebody asked me if I drew it and I said "No Way!" Haha

It's going to be a long two weeks ladies!
June 19th, 2007, 07:08 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
Well, here is hoping it works out the way you want it to...but I am not sure you know which way you want it to work! LOL

My kids are 4 years and 55 days apart so I have no idea what it would be like to have kids close together. I am also not in the small house situation BUT oh do I understand the debt!!!!

We also use the rhythm method. Just a tip...but if you are NOT pregnant and want a better way to track your cycles and calculate your O's, go to www.mymonthlycycles.com. I have been using it for 4 years now and I LOVE it. Each month, I input my start day, cycle info, and then it calculates the rest and I just add it to my daily planner...which I look at ...well, uh daily. LOL

Can't wait to hear the results in 2 weeks!!
June 20th, 2007, 04:51 AM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
*giggle* I'm such a 13-year-old because all this talk of different methods has me giggling! We always used condoms because birth control pills messed with my hormones too much, I was too lazy to do the rhythm method (that name makes me think of bongos and tambourines!) and the "pull out" method...well, that just sounds like going to a surprise party and having to leave right when everyone's about to yell "SURPRISE!!!"...not much fun!! Now we just use the V-method - vasectomy!! SORRY, sorry, TMI!!

I look forward to hearing how everything turns out! I'm just sorry that we have to wait two weeks!!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

June 20th, 2007, 06:40 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lisa! You crack me up!

My boys are spaced: 25 months between the first & middle, and 14 months between middle & youngest. I had fertility issues with the 1st 2 boys and was using Clomid to get pregnant. After Jared we figured I couldn't get pregnant on my own so we never used any form of birth control. When Jared was 7 months old....SURPRISE!! I found out I was 2 months pregnant with Justin! I have always refuse to call him an "accident". He's my surprise blessing. After Justin was born I used the patch and then dh got a vasectomy a couple years ago.
We live in a 3 bedroom house, but 1 room is used as the office/computer room; so, all 3 boys share a room. We hope to add on at some point after paying the house off.
Whatever the test results say in 2 weeks, everything will be fine. It's my opinion that all babies are blessings, even when we think we're not ready for them. God knows better than us. {{{hugs, whatever the results are}}}
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

June 20th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
*giggle* I'm such a 13-year-old because all this talk of different methods has me giggling! We always used condoms because birth control pills messed with my hormones too much, I was too lazy to do the rhythm method (that name makes me think of bongos and tambourines!) and the "pull out" method...well, that just sounds like going to a surprise party and having to leave right when everyone's about to yell "SURPRISE!!!"...not much fun!! Now we just use the V-method - vasectomy!! SORRY, sorry, TMI!!

I look forward to hearing how everything turns out! I'm just sorry that we have to wait two weeks!![/b]

HAHA!!! You are so funny! I feel the same way with the "surprise party" lol

I will hope that everything turns out the way it should. You won't know which way that is until two weeks from now.I am on the opposite end, it is harder for us to just get pregnant when we want to. I think we would still be nervous with a surprise baby, but we had to try hard to get our two so at this point we are happy to have them. And yeah, we have a small two bedroom apartment we are renting, if we got pregnant now we would have to move and we do NOT have the money for that. Our houses here are 300-500,000 for anything decent as well and we have talked to experts that say to wait it out and hopefully in about 2 years- when we plan to leave anyway- the prices should drop. We do want more kids and right now we use condoms. I can't handle hormone bc either and its already difficult to get our babies anyway, don't want to impede them when we decide we want more.

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

June 20th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Kangaroo510
Lisa ~ Your post made me laugh out loud twice. First at the surprise party part (and that's exactly how we feel about it) and then the Kermit thing. Ah... I needed a good laugh!

We started trying the natural family planning thing because we don't like condoms (seriously... those just aren't as fun) and I don't want to be on meds. I just failed to pay attention. What's a girl supposed to do when you only have 5 minutes while the baby eats some cheese crackers! Seriously!!!

We could definately handle a second one here if we needed to. Our lease is up in February of 2008 and the possible baby wouldn't be due until the first of March and we are really hoping to be able to buy a house anyway but with starting a new business a few years ago (that didn't work out for us hence my DH having a nice new job) it drove our credit into the ground and left us with plenty of debt and no savings! We are definately getting back on track though, which is comforting.

I don't actually wait two weeks to test either. I tested 4 days before my period was due and it flashed pregnant almost immediately. So, theoreticly I only have a week left. Yay!!
June 20th, 2007, 09:30 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh...I am on pins and needles!!!!!

I am thinking of you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search