I'm taking the leap!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2007, 03:40 PM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to CharmieCM
We've been TTC for almost two years. I was pregnant in March, but it ended up being a chemical pregnancy, my 5th. The doctor wants to do bloodwork to see if I have a clotting disorder but I can't seem to bring myself to have the bloodwork drawn. Jason and I are both feeling let to adopt, which is unfamiliar, scary, and EXPENSIVE territory for us.

I contacted the agency that's associated with my alma matter, Christian Homes of Abilene (Texas) and requested paperwork. I requested it by mail and not e-mail because I wanted time to think about it. I got the packet today and while the numbers are still really, really scary (about $24K total!), they are broken up into little bits and pieces over time. Plus once we are finished with our home study, we can apply for aid in the form of adoption grants or loans. I figure we paid a little less than that for our car, so why not for a kid?

So I'm filling the paperwork out and sending it off. I feel in my heart that I'm supposed to do it, whether it leads to an adoption or not. It's so scary though, to think of things like a homestudy, where a social worker can come to my home and tell me that I'm not good enough to be a parent!

(off to call the vet about the vaccinations for our pets!!)
June 21st, 2007, 04:59 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh that is wondeful!!!!! You know I so have a heart for adoption, I can't imagine a better way to becoming a parent.

I look forward to hearing all the updates.

I know that once we have a house it will be on for us. We are a little too cramped here as it is.

HUGS!!!!!

June 21st, 2007, 05:46 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Good luck! I hear it's quite a roller coaster of a journey.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

June 21st, 2007, 07:36 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey, I was thinking of you...

And I had this flash of you with an almost complete adoption and a surprise pregnancy! I told Mattmos that just now and he cracked up and said that would be great and he hopes it happens!

June 21st, 2007, 09:04 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I believe that has happend to a lot of people. My parents friends had tried for years, decided to adopt and as soon as it became official she found she was pregnant. Then had 2 more of their own, 4 girls all together.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
June 21st, 2007, 09:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck and congrats on making the decision. Yeah, Dh has a relative who tried for years to get pregnant too. She had adopted two boys and she just decided it was too much. They told her with all her problems she needed a hysterectomy, but they day she went to get it done they told her they weren't going to do it because- she was pregnant! She had another boy and then went on to have another pregnancy, this time a girl.

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

June 22nd, 2007, 05:03 AM
Someone at church where I used to live had that happen, too. They tried for *TEN* years to get pregnant and finally adopted a little boy. She found out she was pregnant on the trip to go get him! The babies ended up 8 months apart!

Smaller on the Outside

June 22nd, 2007, 05:10 AM
Kangaroo510
I hope this is an easy journey for you! How exciting!

I hear that that happens because you finally relax and stop worrying about getting prenant and then BAM! It happens! I'm sure not for everybody though. It is very intersting.
June 22nd, 2007, 06:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your decision! How exciting! Dh and I have considered adoption as well just because we think it'd be a wonderful way to grow our family. Hope everything goes smoothly for you.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
June 22nd, 2007, 07:35 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your big decision! I had sent off for adoption paper work once before. We had tried to have a baby for 5 years. I was on Clomid and ended up having 4 miscarriages. I finally got to the point that it was just too much for me emotionally. I sent off for the paperwork and was getting ready to fill it out, but dh wanted to try just one more time. I ended up getting pregnant with Jack. And then Jared, then Justin.

I have a friend who had tried for a long time to have a baby. They ended up adopting a little 20 month old boy. When he was 6 (I think) they were thinking about adopting a little girl, then they found out she was pregnant. She had another little boy and when he was just over a year old, she found out she was pregnant again! This time it was a little girl.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

June 22nd, 2007, 08:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your decision! God Bless your journey!!

June 22nd, 2007, 10:37 AM
~hsingtreehouse~
Congratulations on your decision! I know a woman who just adopted the most gorgeous little girl from Guatemala and named her Grace....it was by the Grace of God that she was able to find this baby. The adoption went smoothly and they make an amazing family.

Best of luck on your journey!
July 2nd, 2007, 11:43 AM
How are things going with the adoption, Charlotte? I know you are relatively new to JM, but have you checked out the adoption board? I'll bet the ladies on there would be very helpful as you go on this journey.

Smaller on the Outside

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search