Movin' Mamas Friday Check- in

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2007, 06:41 AM
willischomp's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to willischomp
Hey ladies! How's the movin' going? I am doing pretty good. Still trying to be careful with what I am eating. I walked 2 miles yesterday morning but didn't go today. Aaron is working so I ended up doing the other 2 yards we were asked to clean up. I worked Wed. evening until dark and then all day yesterday but I got them done. This wasn't just simple riding the mower, these yards were grown up with THICK weeds that were up to my knees that had to be pulled up. Some of the roots were like tree roots about 3 inches thick so it wasn't easy work. I figure that was some major calorie burning going on!! I am so sore though!! I was wiped out last night. I don't have any other big plans for the rest of the weekend so I should be able to get some exercise in, probably some biking, walking, playing in the pool ect..... How is everyone else?
June 22nd, 2007, 09:02 AM
Veteran
Send a message via MSN to CharmieCM
I'm gonna jump in here. My dad was recently diagnosed with Type 2 and high blood pressure and is on meds for both. I DO NOT want to be there in 30 years, if I can help it!

I joined a local church gym yesterday and worked out while Samuel was at basketball practice. I only got in about 10 minutes on the treadmill and maybe 10 minutes of weights, but that's better than I did the day before!

Today I planned to get up and go to the gym, but didn't make it, so I did 20 minutes on our elliptical machine. My goal is to do SOMETHING for my body every day. I'd like to do the Body For Life workout, as that has given me the best results (I think because it's so detailed of a plan!), but it will require planning, which I didn't have yesterday.

I've found in the past that working out tends to help me eat better, so for now I have no diet plans. I just want to make my body work a little bit every day. When I've done that consistently for a month or so, I'll change my eating a little at a time.

I have 40-50 pounds to lose, from my current of 183-187 to my goal of 143-147 (or my lofty goal of 133-137).
June 22nd, 2007, 09:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm still really in a funk and have been for a couple of weeks now. My poor hubby and kiddos! I will get out of it eventually, but I'm just Blah all of the time. I have been up and moving more so than normal, and I'm giving my house a good cleaning, so that is burning some calories. I'm doing better on my portions, but I haven't been able to do breakfast everyday and I'm not "snacking" like I should. I'm normally a good water drinker and I just can't do it. I got some more lemon juice though to have my water with lemon. I went to Publix and almost got on the scales, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. My clothes aren't fitting any different, so I know I haven't lost anything.

June 22nd, 2007, 12:15 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a friend who is taking my VHS ballet workout tapes and putting them on CD for me. My tape player is out. She better hurry up though...or I have to just buy the darn CDs.

Other than not eating at night...which was hard last night...I have been staring at the dreaded FIRM workout stuff I have. I am just not a weight/jump around kind of gal. It is a movement that feels all wrong. I think that is because I trained so long in dance and those movements are SO different.

I did the FIRM for over a month 3-4 times a week. I lost nothing! I gained strange muscle that I hated the look of...but that was it. I so prefer the dancers body. long and lean.

June 22nd, 2007, 02:01 PM
Veteran
C-I netflixed the Carmen Electra striptease workout. I didn't see your ballet workout on there, though, I don't think.

I know what you mean about arobics, but I'm the same with dance. It's all foreign to me. But I LOVE those weights . I think we should do what we like and not force something that doesn't feel "good." I always thought you were happy with the results you got with the FIRM?

After my 20 minutes on the Gazelle this morning, I decided to go to the gym and do my upper body workout, which is what I had originally planned. Its a 45 minute workout and I got there just in time to finish the workout before they child care room closed...only they closed 30 minutes earlier than I thought. So I just left *sigh*. I wish that gyms would have child care ALL THE TIME. I mean, c'mon?? I guess I can't complain because this is a church place and its only $25 month with NO COMMITTMENT, but still...it would be so much easier for me to go at about 3 in the afternoon.

DH says if I stick with it and use the membership, we might upgrade in a few months with a health club near us is scheduled to open. But that would involve a committment, and I just don't know if I want to go that route! We'll see...
June 22nd, 2007, 06:38 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
A striptease workout sounds interesting lol

I am not a movin' mama. I hate to sweat and moving means I sweat in this weather and then I'm so uncomfortable. I'm actually allergic to something in my sweat so that's not in my head. But we went out tonight and got tons of fresh fruits and veggies. For snack we made smoothies using frozen strawberries and fresh blueberries and rice milk garnished with fresh raspberries. YUM!

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

June 22nd, 2007, 08:56 PM
Veteran
Hopefully it is interesting. If its a workout I'll DO rather than wish I'd do, then I'll take it. I've heard good things about the "S Factor" workout, but not as much about Carmen Electra's.
June 23rd, 2007, 10:15 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Didn't really do anything yesterday for exercise. But I did eat healthy. I did push a big double-child seat grocery cart around the store for about 1.5 hours with my kids in it and then the groceries...that isn't really a workout, but I am sure it burns some calories.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

June 23rd, 2007, 01:19 PM
Kangaroo510
When I lived in Illinois we had this free gym that was only a block away. It made it SO easy to work out. The park is only about .5 miles but I don't like walking alone (well, with Dahlia) on the trail.
I've been doing a little bit during the day like squats and calf raises and things along those lines. Just stuff I can do while I go about my usual. Still eating relatively healthy. I've actually been doing really well in that regard. I stepped on the scale today... I'm stuck at 118. Although I'm not really worried about losing weight as much as I need to tone up. Maybe I'll get a walk in tonight... probably not. Oh well!
June 23rd, 2007, 04:57 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I weighed myself today and discovered I am 1/2 pound under my pre-pregnancy weight with Cameron. Yay, me! Today I walked and walked and walked at the scrapbook convention. Muscles I didn't know I had are hurting lol

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

June 23rd, 2007, 06:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL Heather! We went bowling day before yesterday and my butt still hurts! I didn't know you used those muscles to bowl!

OOHHH!!! You'll have to give us a FULL report on those Carmen Electra workouts!! I would love to do them and I'm sure DH would enjoy as well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search