What's everybody doing today?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2007, 04:28 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
We have a typical day ahead. We're in week six of twelve of "summer school" and the kids are doing great getting things done. Part of my goal was to get them working as independantly as possible so we won't go completely off track when Baby arrives. It is a huge relief to me to see them doing so well!

We have a contractor coming by today to take more exact measurements of our roof. He came by last week to get a rough estimate, and he thinks this job is gonna cost in the neighborhood of $7k!!!! I've been crunching numbers and I think we will just barely be able to pay the roof and afford for DH to take a month or so off when Baby comes, but it will be really tight. In the meantime I can't put any extra money toward paying off debt, so this really blows my financial goals for the rest of the year. Oh, well.... thank God for the house that needs the roof, and truly I thank God that we probably won't have to go further into debt to do what needs to be done.

Gosh... that turned into a rant. Anyway, I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

June 26th, 2007, 05:52 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The boys have VBS this week. While they're there, I'm going to my sister's house and we're going to tinker around with our lesson plans together. I'll pick the boys up around lunchtime and come home, make sure the house is all cleaned up and get dh ready to go to work. Tonight, my niece is going to watch the boys while I go to a scrapbooking party and she'll spend the night with me, so I'm sure I'll be up way too late tonight because when she spends the night it's an all-night PARTY.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

June 26th, 2007, 07:01 AM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
Today is just helping Declan feel better...
June 26th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
We've already done school and our dinner is in the crockpot. I just laid Fritz down for his nap and the big kids are outside playing with sidewalk chalk and paint. It's pretty muggy out there so I'll have to get them inside before too long. Tonight Jamie has his last regular statistics class. Thursday is the final and that's it for a week and a half and then he starts sociology on Monday and Wednesday nights. We have no other plans for the day.

Oh, and <strike>my</strike> Ani's new bows shipped!

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

June 26th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jennifer-- sorry about your roof troubles! But how great that Dh is able to take time off when the baby comes. That will be nice!

We have been having a good week so far. Both of my older kids are at camp this week, so it is just me and the little ones. It's amazing how different it is just having two at home during the day! Yesterday, while the baby napped, Gwen and I walked to the lake behind the house and looked for fish and frogs. Then we climbed the hill and lay down to look up at the clouds. Today, the girls and I went to the pool and had tons of fun splashing around and practicing going under water! As soon as we got home we got a sudden thunderstorm, which made for a perfect time to snuggle up and take a nap! Now they are both sleeping and I'm alone! I swear I get to say that less often than a blue moon! Sadly, it will be shortlived. I'm gonna let the girls sleep another 30 minutes, then I have to wake them so we can go pick up their brother and sister.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
June 26th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY for BOWS!!!

Today is hot and muggy here and we are ALL sickies! The baby was up and down all night lastnight and would hardly take a nap today so I'm completely toast. We did manage school today though, which I was very surprised that it went well! So I'm here, but barely conscious! haha!

June 26th, 2007, 02:44 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well it is only 7.36am here, so the day has just begain. It is looking promosing that the rain might hold off. Sarah must have asked a million times yesterday "Can I go outside yet?" Poor kid. It rained all day long- again! Our backyard looks like a swamp, but I figure if it isn't raining I will let them out then probably give them a bath when they come in too cold with wet patches.
Yesterday I gave them a box to paint up (turning it into a car) then she made some plastic bowels into fish bowels. Didn't do 'school' as it is school holiday break here for second term. They watched too many dvd's, played, watched some more, fought with each other etc.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
June 26th, 2007, 03:09 PM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
Today (and yesterday, and tomorrow...) was VBS, which I am assisting with, so we did that all morning. Then we went to my Mom's house and had lunch and then home where I collapsed in a NAP because it's amazing how exausting VBS can be!! Thursday is the last day and, while it's a lot of fun, I'm not ever really sorry when it's over!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

June 26th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Speaking of bows... we were talking and I said something about spending a lot on bows and Jamie said he figured I'd spent $100 on them so far. I figured it up and it's "only" $69. So I told him I guess that means I can get $31 more of bows

Smaller on the Outside

June 26th, 2007, 05:12 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
Well, I have had a relapse of my on and off depression and I am worthless. I have been for the last two weeks. We have not done school, the house is not clean, and right now, my husband is making dinner for me while I am on the verge of tears. Soon, I will be starting my medicine again - although I HATE to do it, I can't live like this and neither can my family!

Sorry, that was all about me, wasn't it?
June 26th, 2007, 07:33 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Quote:
I swear I get to say that less often than a blue moon![/b]
And it just so happens we have a real blue moon on Saturday!

Rebecca, great big for you, hon. You are NOT worthless, and I hope that deep down inside you know that.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

June 26th, 2007, 08:17 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((((Rebecca))))

Heather , lol you are starting to sound like me!

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
June 27th, 2007, 04:42 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
Thanks ladies! I do know that. I went to the doctor today and she is trying me on a new anti-depressant that will hopefully not have as many side effects. Just knowing there is light at the end and much sooner than I usually get help makes me smile. I have started planning the week of school and we had school today! Scotty was so excited to get back to it. We read 6 books today! LOL

I have also started keeping a handwritten journal and today I got to order HWOT! YAY!!!
June 27th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Glad things are looking up for you.

Smaller on the Outside

June 30th, 2007, 10:18 AM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs, Rebecca!!!

Heather....have fun with your bows for me!

Jennifer I hope the roof issue goes well.

We have been having normal days. A friend had a bday party yesterday. She is 50. But what is strange is I can remember when my grandmother turned 50 and I just thought that was so old. It doesn't look so old anymore. Maybe that is because that is only 20 yeas away for me.
We got her a nice cross for the wall that has the love is patient, love is kind.... She loved it.

I have been trying to befriend a feral kitten at Walgreen's. He is so sweet. I have almost ran him over twice. He gets into his own world chasing the June bugs and crickets and he doesn't see the car. But as soon as you get close he freaks out and runs into the woods. Last night I sat for an hour with a can of food...my third time doing so. And he came and was within a foot of me and the food. He just sat there and looked at me. He doesn't understand when you say kitty kitty, but he loves me to meow at him. Silly wild kitty. I think He will be up to me petting him soon.

Well, last night I saw he has a sibling. A BEAUTIFUL white cat with silver markings. I will try to get pictures of them for you guys. The black one is the bravest. The white one doesn't even like to come out of the woods.

June 30th, 2007, 09:43 PM
The bows came yesterday! Ani was so cute wearing the korkers today. I'll have to do another photo shoot with her.

Smaller on the Outside

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search