I need some ecouragemet, ladies.

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
OK, so things have been pretty dramatic at my house lately and I'm at FULL now and I'm spilling over!

Friday night lightining struck my A/C. (Yes, the A/C that we JUST got fixed!) Our A/C guy came out Saturday and of course it fried the board. Well, since the unit is so old, DH and I decided to replace it. So, it won't get put in until Saturday. It's been SOOO hot here lately that I could not make my kids suffer it out in that hot house for a whole week again. We decided to go to my MIL. We have been here since Saturday. It has been a nightmare!! Her house is not baby proof AT ALL and I feel like I have been getting on to my poor Garrett every five minutes. He is such a curious little fella. At least we aren't sweating our behinds off.

This morning, DH calls me on his way home from work and his supervisor told him they are putting him back on the night shift. We can't do that! It was HORRIBLE with him working that shift. It is split days off too, so he doesn't have 2 days off in a row. It's awful and all DH wants to do is sleep. He has only been on the day shift for 2 mos and they said they are putting him back to nights. We can't do that. Our family was literally falling apart with him on that shift and I was losing my husband. He is a walking zombie on that shift and we had NO quality time together. I'm just praying that God will intervene and not allow them to move him.

Ladies, I'm just so emotional right now. I think a lot has to do with Aunt Flo being due any day, so my emotional breakdown isn't helping DH. Please pray that God's will be done with DH's job and that my house will be done breaking down so that we can get back to "normal".

Thanks for letting me vent. We are survivors and we will survive. It's just getting over the hill, kwim??

June 28th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I'm sorry. I hope things work out.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

June 28th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh I know things will work out for you guys! Just keep hanging in there!

June 28th, 2007, 12:25 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
and prayers for you, Tisha.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

June 28th, 2007, 12:46 PM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom

I'm sorry things are so stressful for you right now. I'll be keeping you in my prayers!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

June 28th, 2007, 01:08 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
HUGS! I can only imagine. Everyone has their threshold for stress and it seems you have reached yours. The important thing is that you are human and you have every right to feel the way you do.

However, I encourage you to tak to DH without getting upset. You are a SAHM right (as am I)? If so, that means DH can't lose his job. He has a family to support. Therefore his only option is to talk to them. If they say "no" then he has to do what he has to do. However, that doesn't stop him from looking for work elsewhere and I would suggest that he does that if they force him back on nights.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Remember, He will never lay on you more than you can bare.

Chin up!
June 28th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, ladies!! I really appreciate the kind words.

June 28th, 2007, 02:35 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sucks. Hope something changes for the better. What does your dh do? could he get another job or work forhimself? My dh was so depresed when he worked for the town council (he did the gardens for 13 years) After he went in buisness himself he was a changed man.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
June 28th, 2007, 06:42 PM
angeleyz's Avatar Veteran
I know how you feel with DH working nights. We tried that for a while a long time ago and it was just awful. It's impossible to keep a housefull of kids quiet so he can sleep. I hope they change their minds and leave him on days.

Dade: 7
Alora & Kylie: 5
Jada: 3

</div><div align="center"><div align='center'>My Personal Blog</div><div align="center">
</div></div>
June 28th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Tisha!
I really hope that something happens and he doesn't have to go back on nights. I can't imagine that....the lack of any quality time together. Either he would be at work or needing to sleep. "sigh" That would be hard. I really hope this works out for the best for all of you!
As for all the other stuff....when it rains, it pours, doesn't it.
"Big Hugs!"
June 30th, 2007, 09:36 AM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my goodness!

I so am praying for you guys!

June 30th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, ladies!!! I really appreciate your love and prayers!! I will keep you guys updated. DH is on vacation this week, so it will be next week when we know a little more about his job.

July 1st, 2007, 04:38 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bless your heart with the a/c! And it's just getting to the hot part of summer, too. I can really understand your dh going on nights. My dh works swing shift and I hate it when he's on nights! I can't imagine nights all the time! {{{hugs}}}
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

July 2nd, 2007, 09:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wanted to add my I know what it is like to have a walking zombie husband. My Dh did a shift from 3-4:00 a.m. for two years! He never was rested, never had any sleep and when he was here he wasn't really here. He was going to night school on top of it too. I really don't know how we made it, but we did. I'll pray that your Dh doesn't have to do it, but I will give you encouragement that it can be done, even if it is very difficult. Hang in there!

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search