Atrial Septal Defect (Finn)+thin lower uterine wall/segment(me)

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2007, 01:59 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had an u/s this morning. To check on1--Finn's heart (some of you may remember I said the doc didn't see something she wanted to see 4 weeks ago at my last u/s); 2--My placenta (had a spot where part of it had detached, thus my early RED bleeding); 3--my cervix.

1--Finn's heart. I arrive with my grandmother and the kids for my u/s and I think the doc thought I was nuts for a sec for bringing them because she thought this u/s was just to check my cervical length. (different doc of course) I really like this doc--she preformed Ry's cerclage. I explained the three reasons I was back (which apparently hadn't been noted). Finn's heart does seem to have something wrong. What is called Atrial Septal Defect. We could see his heart well (for a 2D u/s) and the line that goes across the heart horizontally went all the way across to separate the top from bottom chambers, but the one that goes vertical was only separated the top 2 chambers and not the bottom 2 chambers. So I am going to be going to a better hospital about 3 hours away for a 3D u/s tomorrow. My appt is at 2:45 EST. She said that this is something that often self-corrects but they do want to know if he was if for sure and we will talk more after we know for sure. I do think he may have it though since 2 docs noticed it 4 weeks apart.

2--My placenta looks great now! Yay!

3--My cervix is still long and closed! Yay! BUT apparently the lower uterine wall (?) is very thin. And that is more common in subsequent pregnancies, but something they are going to keep a close eye on given my preterm labor history. This will also be further checked tomorrow and then I have an appointment next Monday here again. I am on restricted activity now. She would like me to lay down every afternoon now and I know am wearing a maternity belt to see if it helps keeps elevate some of the pressure on the thin part of my cervix, which of course since Finn is super low is where he is.

Other news from the u/s. Finn is still measuring big. 89% for 24 weeks. He is very active and cute! Oh, and he flipped to breech. I thought he might have. He has been head down for so long, but then yesterday the way he was laying felt different...still low, but I thought last night he might have flipped.

Please keep us in your prayers!

Edited: I think it is actually a Ventricular Septal Defect. The receptionist wrote down Atrial Septal Defect, but that would be on top not the bottom 2 chambers...so I think it might actually be a Ventricular Septal Defect. I will know for sure tomorrow.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

July 2nd, 2007, 02:29 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry about Finn's heart issue, that must be very worrying. I hope it self-corrects. Did they tell you what happens if it doesn't self-corrects?
That's great news about your placenta and cervix. So is the spot still detached or did it re-attach?
Get lots of rest. I will be praying.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
July 2nd, 2007, 02:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Great news about your placenta and cervix!! YAY! His heart more than likely will self correct. Eathan had a thing with his heart that caused a murmur and it self corrected. We had to go to a cario dr every six months for a couple of years, but it corrected itself. He had to get all of those colored u/s and everything. It was scary for us, but it all worked out in the end.

Get lots of rest!! I'll be praying too.

July 2nd, 2007, 03:33 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
You and baby Finn are in my thoughts and prayers!
July 2nd, 2007, 03:37 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
ASDs are fixed with surgery if they don't self-correct. They usually self-correct.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

July 2nd, 2007, 06:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
i hope everything turns out okay! Sound hopeful that the heart defect will self correct but we'll be praying for you two!

July 2nd, 2007, 06:56 PM
angeleyz's Avatar Veteran
That must be very scary, self correcting or no. Big hugs!

Dade: 7
Alora & Kylie: 5
Jada: 3

</div><div align="center"><div align='center'>My Personal Blog</div><div align="center">
</div></div>
July 3rd, 2007, 05:00 AM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
I'm glad to hear about your cervix and the placenta and I'll be keeping all of you in my prayers about Finn's little heart.

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

July 3rd, 2007, 01:27 PM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great news about your placenta & cervix. Hopefully the thin uterine wall won't pose a pre-term labor threat. I'll be praying that Finn's heart does self-correct. Try to get as much rest as you can.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search