You'll be seeing a lot of me.....

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2007, 11:00 AM
Kangaroo510
Howdy ya'll!

Figured I'd let you know ahead of time that I'll probably be hanging around alot over the next few months. I don't know if I told you all but DH got a new job in April that we both love and he's going to be doing some traveling. For July he will only be gone for a few days at a time and home on weekends but August - November they are going to be slammed with out of town work and he might be gone for 2 weeks at a time. The pay will be great but I know it will be hard on Dahlia and me. My mom will be in town for a week in July to see my Brother and SIL's new baby (whenever they have the darn kid) so that will be helpful. She'll stay with me. She's already said that we are going shopping for Dahlia and stuff for the new baby!!!! We are going to a Braves game on the weekend that Aaron is home. My mom has never been to a major league game and we've turned her into quite the Braves fan. I have some plans for while Aaron's gone. I'll probably spend some time with a good friend of mine. Actually, we are close friends with her son.. therefor I've gotten really close to her. Dahlia loves her too! I also have a coupon for a free pizza from a local pizza place so I think I'll take Dahlia out for pizza. We'll probably spend some time at the local pool.. since my kid is pretty much a fish! I don't like being alone in the house at night but living across the street from the police department makes me feel a little better. It's going to be lonely. If he has his work laptop by then we are thinking about getting him a cheap little web cam that he can take with him. That way we can see each other since we've got the built in camera on the mac. It's the little things that keep you sane. Anybody want to come and visit??? Hopefully this will get us somewhat out of debt! I know the food bill will be cheaper. Dahlia and I are easy to feed. PB&J can take us a long way! Plus, Aaron won't have to spend any money on the trip because his room, travel and food are all paid for!!!!

Anyway, sorry that was so long and jumbled! I am at work and the baby is sleeping and Dahlia is at home with daddy who happens to have most of this week off! Lucky guy!!!
July 3rd, 2007, 11:08 AM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww....glad you are both excited about the job...but sorry he will be away a lot.

Have fun here with us though! I am so looking forward to it.

July 3rd, 2007, 02:12 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((hugs))) I hate it when dh is away for a few days, let alone 2 weeks. Your very brave! Sounds like you have a good line up of things to do and people to see which should help. How long does the job last? sounds like a temporary thing?

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
July 3rd, 2007, 02:33 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
Well, I am glad you are both excited about the job. I don't deal well at all when my dh has to be away. I hear everything that goes bump in the night! LOL

Glad you will be with us more!
July 3rd, 2007, 02:57 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I'm happy you'll be around more and the money is good, too. But I'd be so sad to have my husband gone so much.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

July 3rd, 2007, 03:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Post, post! Sorry Dh has to be gone though!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search