Are you going to see the fireworks?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
For those in the US (sorry Jo), what are your plans today? We're getting my friend's two kids in an hour or so. We're watching them until Sunday. We're planning on going to a little parade at 1. It's followed by a free ice cream social! Some kids from gymnastics should be there so that'll be really fun. Later on we're going to go to one of the rec centers for some kid-friendly fun including a carousel and moonbounce and stuff like that and we're planning on taking a picnic dinner. Fireworks, of course, are after dark. Our weather forecast has scattered thunderstorms all evening after 4. I hope they stay away!

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

July 4th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are going to cook here...steak and whatever else Jeff bought to cool. We have LOTS of fireworks for later. We decided not to go to our family reunion or to watch the fireworks...just want to stay home and have fun here with our neighbors and each other.
Have a great day!!!
July 4th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We're going to DH's brothers house and hanging with my 3 little nieces. They are having a small get together and grilling out, so it should be fun. We are going to make it home to get on the roof and watch the fireworks show at the mall which is like 5 mins from our house. Our roof will have the best view without the crowd ! Garrett and I will stay grounded though. He is WAY to mobile and I don't think it would be very enjoyable to chase him around on our roof.

July 4th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My sister's church had a fireworks display Sunday night that we went to. I don't know if we'll go to the one the city is doing tonight, but I'd like to. It really depends on the weather. It's supposed to rain.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

July 4th, 2007, 08:29 AM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a really pretty trifle to make and I don't know what else. Or if I will even make that since our a/c is out! It is so hot. We have a few little things to set off with the kids tonight and then the big show by the river after dark.

July 4th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Jamie's making bread for dinner right now - one loaf is red and white and the other is blue and white!

Smaller on the Outside

July 4th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Jamie's making bread for dinner right now - one loaf is red and white and the other is blue and white![/b]
Too cool! I have a brisket in the oven right now. I'm going to make potatoe salad, corn on the cob, a salad, & maybe mac 'n cheese. Darn! I wish I'd thought to grab some rolls when we were in town! We also have a watermelon for later & I think I'll make some brownies, too.
We won't be making it to the museum today. We went to the parade this morning and then Jacky wanted to go to Wal-Mart to get the stuff to change the oil in the van & his truck so that's what he's doing now. Later we'll have our dinner & either watch movies or go to the fireworks display. Not sure yet.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

July 4th, 2007, 01:48 PM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
we spent 4 hours at the parade and came home..nap for taej burgers for us.. we skipped the big extended family picnic because it's nothing but drinking and no fun for those of us with kids, plus it was raining! Now we are heading to my MIL's for pizza..i am glad I don't have to cook..LOL
July 4th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Veteran
Sounds like a lot of fun going on!
We will be heading over to a friends house in a couple hours to bbq and then I'm hoping we can see the fireworks from the beach.
The fireworks will be going off from the town next to us but from the beach, it should still be an okay view. It's been overcast all day here though.
I miss the days of being able to do our own fireworks.lol
July 4th, 2007, 02:57 PM
The parade was so fun! Ani now is thinking about switching from gymnastics to Irish dancing. Some girls from the Irish dancing school near us did an exhibition after the parade. Now it is thundering and lightninging so I don't know if we'll end up seeing fireworks. Maybe tomorrow or maybe Saturday in the city a little north of us.

Smaller on the Outside

July 4th, 2007, 03:25 PM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
Oh Heather.. Irish Step/Dance is great..Noah took for 3 years.. he loved it.. we offer it at our studio and it's wildly popular!
July 4th, 2007, 08:27 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well for me, today was the day of the huge toy sales! Phew!! I've been all morning fighting through Mothers, screaming kids, trolleys, and long lay by lines, I hate and love these sales! The other place I laid by over the phone Hooray!! Now I have about 3/4 of my kidís birthday and Christmas presents all set.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
July 4th, 2007, 09:30 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
We invited a family that was new to the area (the dad works with my dh) over for hotdogs and some "get to know you" stuff! It was a lot of fun. The wife and I hit it off well. She was really nice and friendly and she likes to yardsale so we are going to get together sometime and do that. The kids were great too. They have 3 kids. Their boy is a few mos younger than Bryce and their youngest daughter is Scotty's age and will be going to the church preschool program with Scotty (in the same class) 2 days a week starting in the fall. That was neat! They really hit it off too!

Then we went to MIL's and had homemade orange and pineapple sherbet and lemon pound cake.

Around 9:30, we did the fireworks with the kids and MIL and her dh. The way our yard is set, you can see all around us and we watched lots and lots of fireworks. The kids didn't go to bed till almost 11pm! OMG!
July 5th, 2007, 06:12 AM
The storms moved on and the fireworks went on as planned! YAY! The kids, especially Cameron, loved them. I made a separate post about Cameron and the fireworks.

The Irish dance school has homeschooled kids classes. Makes it even more intriguing to me...

Smaller on the Outside

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search