What are your plans for today?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2007, 05:46 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I hope you all had a great fourth of July. I know we did! So what's on the schedule for today? Since I have the extra two kids for the next few days we aren't doing school today or tomorrow. Mostly today we're just hanging out at home and the kids are having lots of fun playing together. Already they've colored on the sidewalk with chalk and now they are making paper crafts. The boys went to sleep at 10:30 and the girls at 11:30 yet they were all up by 8 this morning! Only Fritz is still sleeping and I think he's starting to wake up. It's interesting herding five when I am used to 3!

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

July 5th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We had a good fourth other than the rain. It was so overcast and sprinkling that we couldn't see the big fireworks very well and it was too wet to get on the roof. We did end up getting a few fireworks that we did and Eathan LOVED it. Garrett wasn't too interested, but we had fun doing it with the girls. (my nieces that just moved back from TX) It was nice and relaxed and loads of fun!

Today, I'm not sure what we are doing, yet. We had plans to go out to Daytona and watch Nascar practice, but with the nasty weather here I didn't want to chance it.

July 5th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Unfortunately, I have to deal with a continuing ed course today for my licensure renewal. "sigh"
Jeff called this morning to remind me that I have forgotten to do it, which is not like me at all. So, now, I have to watch VERY BORING videos all day and work on this course. This is NOT how I wanted to spend my day.
Okay...at least I'm home. Jeff had to go back to work today .
Have a great day everyone!
July 5th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Gosh, I don't know...I'm not quite awake yet!
The neighbors did fireworks past midnight lastnight!

July 5th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was going to take them to the B-E-A-C-H today. (I guess I don't really have to spell it since they can't hear me. ) But one of Maya's friends called to invite her over. She hasn't seen this friend in months and months so we may wait until tomorrow to go to the you-know-where.

So I guess that means I have to work on my homework instead. I dislike my new class so much. I am absolutely stressing over it. I have Biology terms running through my dreams at night haunting me. Sorry,a bit of a vent there.

Dinner tonight, tuna something probably.
After that, more homework.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
July 5th, 2007, 09:29 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
We stayed up way too late last night. It doesn't even get dark here until about 10:45! So I got up at my normal time, but then went back to bed and we all slept late. We did lessons already, and I'm going to make pizzas for lunch. There is a movie coming on EWTN that we will watch on the computer and then have quiet time. Supper and chores tonight, desk work to prepare for tomorrow, and that's about all on my agenda for today. Oh, and getting to bed on time! I really hope we manage that one!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

July 5th, 2007, 10:41 AM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today....

I know school is on that list. Maybe some cleaning. Oh, and cooking dinner.

July 5th, 2007, 11:37 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My plan is to take it easy until I get my cervix measured again on Monday. So not too much.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

July 5th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not much of anything going on here today. Dh is still off (goes back tomorrow) and we're having scattered showers all day. We're just hanging out and bumming around.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

July 5th, 2007, 03:32 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am planning on making the start of a shop with Sarah. Not sure yet how I am going to do that, but we have a big toy catalogue that Sarah is keen to use. Some empty matchboxes would have been useful. I bought her a working toy cash register that you can add up on at the toy sale yesterday; and was thinking I should go and purchase some Australian play money from the educational shop or just use real coins. Thought it would be another fun math game.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
July 5th, 2007, 08:39 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh a little store! I would play that for hours when I was younger.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search