Product Review

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I received my shipment from School Specialty Publishing . Overall I am very satisfied with their service, however in my opinion it took a long time for me to receive the items. I placed my order on June 16 and did not receive the order until June 29. Also, they do not update their online order status. I had to call them b/c I didn't think it would take so long and they were VERY nice and helpful and she explained they were updating their site in the future, so maybe it will resolve that. My order still says pending on the website. I usually receive everything I order online within 7 days and at the MOST 10. I survived the wait.

OK so for the products:

The Big Book of the Brain by John Farndon
I definitely learned my lesson about buying book before looking through it. I only paid $5.39 for it so it really isn't that bad. I don't like that it talks about evolution and how the human brain has evolved from when we were apes. ( I personally do not believe in the theory of evolution) I told DH that we got the book cheap enough to get a sharpie and mark out that paragraph. Overall it is FULL of neat information and tidbits and has lots of pictures which of course Eathan was thrilled.

The Atlas of Ancient Egypt
We liked this book and bought it mainly for future reference. Also, DH is fascinated with Egypt, so it was good for our "library". It is full of beautiful pictures and is a highly visual book.

The Atlas of The Bible Lands
The same as the Egypt atlas. This is really neat b/c it isn't just the maps. It has lot of pics of artifacts and people and such.

Eye View Bugs and Spiders
Eathan LOVED this book and looks at it just about everyday. (Along with his brain book.) The pictures of the bugs are close up and then zoom in on a particular part. Not much reading, but again the pictures were good.

The Armor of God Workbook
This is mainly coloring pages with scriptures on it. I'm happy with it, but it isn't what I thought it was going to be. I thought it was more of an activity book instead of just coloring pages.

Armor of God stickers
This was my goof. I was looking at the bulletin board set (which is what I wanted) and some how managed to order the stickers. Eathan likes stickers, so I know I can find a use for them.

Poster of a Wetland Habitat
My little Garrett carries this around the house. I like it b/c it has different activity ideas on the back of the poster. Garrett carries it around lays it on the floor and then lays on it and points to all of the animals and flowers on it.

Plant Life Cycle workbook and poster
I haven't really looked through this yet, but I was pleased with it when I glanced through it.

Nature's Treasures Craft Kit
Waste of money in my opinion b/c it doesn't give you anything special. I only paid $5.09, so I don't feel so bad b/c it does come with and idea book which I will use. The other stuff is normal stuff you have around the house. (I do at least) I won't be buying anymore of those though. I guess I shouldn't say waste of money though b/c we will use it.

Wow, that was a lot of typing!

July 5th, 2007, 01:08 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
LOL (a lot of typing)! Thanks for the reviews though! I have looked at ordering from that company...now I won't be surprized when it takes a little longer to get my stuff than I am used to.
July 5th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Thanks for reviewing everything. Glad you are happy with the order, but I sure would have been chomping at the bit after almost 2 weeks of waiting.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

July 5th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I certainly was!! That's why I called them to ask what was going on. The was was SUPER friendly and very helpful! I would order from them again just from the experience with her! I love when I have to call somewhere and get GREAT customer service.

July 5th, 2007, 02:30 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
13 days? I would love to only wait 13 days! Shoot girl try waiting 12 weeks!!! for an Eagles Wings order. Thanks for the review, for the price you paid it sounds very good. I would probably white out that area of the book with the evolution.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
July 5th, 2007, 08:30 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yea..I just couldn't be Jo and wait that long.

July 6th, 2007, 12:26 AM
One of the downfalls of living on a huge island thousands of miles from anywhere!

July 6th, 2007, 04:25 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like everything will work out fine. I'd probably black out all that evolution stuff, too. That's wild that it took so long for your order to arrive, but good that you had a great experience with cust. service. Jo, I can't believe it takes THAT long for you to get stuff over there! I guess you have to order stuff well in advance of when you'll be needing it!
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

July 6th, 2007, 04:56 AM
Well it can come faster but it costs. Gymboree now send it by fedex and it arives after 5 days! a light box with about 6 items from them is $25 postage though. Eagles Wings used the M bag(cheapest way) and it was much heavier then the clothes and it was $20 postage. That probably sounds like a lot of postage to you but I am kind of use to it.
When I wanted to get the five in a row books for volume 1 I checked out Amazon and they wanted a cool $100 postage!!

July 6th, 2007, 05:45 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

July 6th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Yikes!

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search