O/T Thought I was done.....

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 6th, 2007, 04:39 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
But lately I have been having baby fever so badly. Right now, DH is at NO. It kills me to know he can make that decision and affect the rest of my life that way! But he has agreed to talk about it and we have agreed to think about it...

Girls, I need some support. I feel so lost!

July 6th, 2007, 05:52 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
((((hugs))))) That must be so hard. Just remember if you have another child that that would also affect the rest of his life too. trying to see both sides you know. I do hope he see’s it your way though. Personally I think the decision for more babies should lean towards the mums wishes, after all you are the one who has to carry and give birth not dad.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
July 6th, 2007, 06:04 PM
grunig's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to grunig Send a message via Yahoo to grunig
I know how you feel. DH only wanted 2 at the most, and I always wanted 4. Well we have 3. And I am slowly convincing him to adopt my little girl for me. So there is hope for you.

Mom to Talen, Trent, and Thorne

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waAmfrF/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
July 6th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That is hard! Dh says he wants to stop at four at the most...I'd really keep having them until I wasn't able to...like 8! We are taking the summer off next year though. This is the second summer in a row that I'm pregnant and I really really need a summer off!!

July 6th, 2007, 07:40 PM
4boys
Well you can always come here for support. I am kind of in the same spot. We have agreed we will have one more but I am ready to have him NOW and DH isn't ready. I have no idea when he'll be ready and I hate to keep bugging him about it so I just wait in faith that it will happen. But it is SOOO hard to wait when you have baby fever so bad! I hope your DH comes around.
July 6th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Girl, I'm with ya!! I'm SOOO ready for a baby I think I'm having a false pregnancy now! I wanted 4 to start with and we agreed on 3. Now we have 2 and I'm chompin at the bits for my 3rd!! My "baby" is 18 mos old today and I'm like c'mon already!!! I almost have him convinced, but I really want it to be a mutual decision. I just want him to see it MY way.

(((Hugs))) It's hard when you don't see things eye to eye! Just make sure that you REALLY want another baby and it isn't just the fever. Heck, he's already agreed to discuss it, so you are half way there!

July 6th, 2007, 09:09 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
Well, my "baby" is almost 4 and my oldest baby is almost 8. The time is now. He says in April, he will have had time to make his decision. He wants to take the next 6 months to think about it seriously, weigh the pros and cons, talk to the pastor, pray about it, and discuss it further with me.

I have decided that if God wants us to have another baby, then things should fall into place. If not, then they won't. It is hard to do, but I have to leave this one in God's hands (not like it was ever in mine to begin with!).

Thank you ladies for the support and kind words! I love this board and am so glad I found you all!
July 6th, 2007, 10:16 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am just so grateful that Mattmos and I have agreed from the start...that if one of us wanted another baby...the other was to agree. Of course I want another baby or two but if I didn't I would per our agreement from when we were dating. It just always seemed unfair to us when we saw this in our friends and family. A new baby is always a blessing and if they aren't meant to be here the giver of babies won't send them.

July 7th, 2007, 05:20 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
If there is to be another baby in your family, pray that your husband will realize the pros far outweigh the cons. From what I've seen, having baby fever really badly means you should have another. Most people who are truly done like babies, but don't want another of their own IME.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

July 7th, 2007, 06:57 AM
~hsingtreehouse~
Thanks Heather! I am praying like mad for either God to change his heart or change my desire....because I can not live with baby fever the way I have had it lately and never have another child.
July 8th, 2007, 04:39 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww...hugs!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search