Weaver?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone know anything about WEAVER curriculum? I was looking at it earlier this morning and it seems to have the same basic concept as Konos, but a more in-depth Bible study. I think Konos is more unit studies with Bible added in and Weaver looks to be more Bible based with everything else added in. I'm wondering now if I should have researched more before going with Konos, but I hadn't really even heard of Weaver before now. I like Konos so far, but I'm having a hard time pulling everything together smoothly. I'm not sure if it's the curriculum or me since I've never done unit studies before. So if anyone knows anything about Weaver, I'd sure appreciate some input.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

July 8th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I would say you made a good choice with KONOS and not Weaver. I have heard very little good about Weaver and a lot of bad. It apparently takes a LOT to make it work, particularly for multiple ages. It takes a bit for KONOS, but not as much as with Weaver. It seems to be getting better as it has been out longer and updated more, but KONOS is still the better one. When I was on the KONOS e-mail list while we were doing the Africa-in-a-Bag unit there were several who had tried Weaver and were so much happier with KONOS.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

July 8th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Really? Well, I'm glad I chose Konos then. I did do some reading of reviews today, trying to compare Konos to Weaver, and it does look like Weaver got alot more negative feedback than positive whereas Konos had more positive. Maybe I'm just not quite there yet with pulling it all together. I guess what I'm having such a difficult time with (and why I was wondering more about Weaver) is how to apply the Bible lesson to our unit. *shrug* Everything else is great & the boys are loving it. Guess I shouldn't try to fix what's not broken, huh.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...

July 8th, 2007, 03:47 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have heard that Weaver is very good but a lot more work.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
July 8th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Well, after our day today I've decided that Konos may not be right for us. (See my other post "I'm going to have an aneurism").
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...

July 8th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Maybe give Weaver a try then if you are set on unit studies- It may end up being more work but perhaps the lessons will fit together better?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search