Tuesday Tunes

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2007, 04:13 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
What's your current favorite song? What's your all-time favorite song?

I haven't listened to the radio in so long I have no idea about current songs. My all time favorite is Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison. I've loved that song since I was 2!

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

July 10th, 2007, 07:39 AM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
Well, my brother got my kind of hooked on a group called Scissor Sisters and I actually have two current favorite songs that take turns running through my head at all hours. One is called "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'" (I Don't Feel Like Dancin' video by Scissor Sisters) and the other is called "Take Your Mama", which can be found HERE! (if you want to hear them, that is!)

My all time favorite song is "Blessed Be The Name" which is a worship song. I love praise and worship music!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

July 10th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Humm,... well I have so many. My favorite group is Collective Soul and my favorite song of theirs is "Needs". My other favorite song is "Storybook Love" from the movie the Princess Bride. My favorite Opera song is "Nessun Dorma". My favorite classical song is by Bruch I believe it is violin concerto no. 1 adagio for strings. My favorite hymn is "I Know that My Redeemer Lives". There are so many more, but that is a start. I love music and come from a musically minded family. My dad was a concert violinist. Always wish I could have played it, but I play the piano poorly instead.

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

July 10th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok, well this is a hard question for me b/c it changes all of the time! I LOVE oldies, like My Boyfriends Back and Leader of the Pack. I LOVE those songs. Right now (and for a long time) I'm loving Third Day. It's christian music and I LOVE them. I love their Offerings CD! If you like that music I HIGHLY recommend it.

July 10th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Anyone else?

Smaller on the Outside

July 10th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have so many favorites it's hard to narrow it down. I listen to all different genres, too. The current cd in my player in the van is my 60's collection. Tisha, I cracked up when I read your post because My Boyfriend's Back & Leader of the Pack are on that cd along with a bunch of others that I love....409, Little Deuce Coupe, My Little Runaway, ummm...too many to list. Those are the faves right now, for me and the boys. We also listen to a bunch of 80's music. I love love love the soundtrack from 13 Going on 30. The number 1 preset station on my radio in the van is the best Contemporary Christian station in Texas! In that genre, my fave is Mercy Me....my favorite song being I Can Only Imagine. Ummm, ok that's all I can think of right now.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

July 10th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Too funny, Jenn!! I have loved all of those "oldies" since I was a little girl. I SOOO could have lived in that time and wore poodle skirts and dated a boy in a leather jacket.

July 10th, 2007, 06:39 PM
My dad always listened to the oldies when we were growing up. I guess it stuck with me. I've got my 16 year old niece hooked, too. Her 16th b-day party was a 50's party. We had all the great songs playing and dressed up in 50's costumes, and danced. It was a blast! Oh you should have seen my boys! They all had on their blue jeans rolled up a little and their white t-shirts with the sleeves rolled up, and a comb in their back pocket.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...

July 10th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I bet it was SO much fun!!

July 10th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Kangaroo510
Um... after reading this thread I think I'm too young to be here! HEHEHEHE I'm just kidding!!! My parents are in their 50's so I'm pretty familiar with the oldies!

Right now my favorite song is just about anything by "The Fray"
Dahlia and I have a special song... it's "Dandelion" by Audioslave
I'm such a music lover that it's REALLY hard for me to choose a favorite band or song.
July 11th, 2007, 12:03 AM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My two favorite Christian whorship songs would be Blessed Be The Lord http://www.pwarchive.com/song.aspx?SongID=1845&v=1 and an old one O for a thousand tongues to sing fast vertion.
My favorite secular one would probably be Up Town Girl

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
July 11th, 2007, 05:12 AM
willischomp's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to willischomp
OH man, I am with everyone else, music is HUGE for me.....well, in our whole family. We litterally sit for hours listening to all sorts of songs. I could never pick one! Oh Tisha, we love Third Day too. We have seen them in concert 3 times I think. My DH is also a guitar player/lead singer and he does LOTS of Third Day....as well as pretty much any song you can think of. He is a walking juke box!!
July 11th, 2007, 05:48 AM
I grew up listening to oldies. My parents are in their early 60s now. I LOVE the Beach Boys!

Smaller on the Outside

July 11th, 2007, 06:27 AM
The Beach Boys is a HUGE favorite here. My boys love them!! My dad (and my mom would be) is in his early 60's, too.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search