O/T FMU Results

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 12th, 2007, 03:43 AM
~hsingtreehouse~
Well, last night, after I posted - I went out and got two first response tests. Now, mind you all, I am still (as of today) 6-7 days BEFORE my af is supposed to start. Wayyyy too early to be testing. That test I took that came up pg was just for kicks and giggles! I just thought the digitals were neat and had never used one before so I was just using it for the heck of it. I had planned to use one, marvel over how neat they were and then test again closer to time for AF.

Anyway. I tested last night after holding my bladder for only 1 hour and drinking a TON of water. It was BFN on the test. I figured that was not enough time for Hcg levels to rise anyway (because, at this point, if I was pregnant like the first test said, then something was whacky with my whole cycle!).

This morning, I tested again with FMU - BFN.

However, I am not really comforted. I still have pg symptoms and I am still 6 days from AF and it is too early to test. I will only truly feel at ease when I see AF! If I don't see her, I will test again.

I have all reason now to suspect the first test was a false positive.

Thanks to everyone for your support!!! I will keep you updated in 6 days!
July 12th, 2007, 04:33 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Drinking tons of water actually dilutes your urine enough that it is harder to get a BFP. (Drinking tons of water is great for you though) And you are still early to be getting accurate results. I don't know what was up with that BFP. Hmmm....

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

July 12th, 2007, 04:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure what was going on with the BFP if you tested this morning and got a BFN. Let us know how it turns out in 6 days.

July 12th, 2007, 04:51 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
It could still be the sensitivity of the test giving a false negative. I get super-early positives and that's at 8 dpo/4 days before my period is expected. The digital tests seem more likely to give a false positive though. I don't trust them.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

July 12th, 2007, 04:54 AM
~hsingtreehouse~
I will keep you all updated. Right now, though, I am breathing a sigh of relief! This has been such a hard two weeks or so for me. I have messed up our budget, spent tons of money, not done school in a week!, our dryer broke (more $$$) the cat got sick (more $$$) and then the pg tests - I spent $40+ on pg tests yesterday! And I still don't know 100% that I am not pg! I think I am not - but false positive! Weird. And I am still 6 days from seeing AF.

GARRRRRRRRR!
July 12th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
to you. I know how frustrating it can be to be so unsure. It is still way too early to test. If I were you, I'd wait until you're late to test again. I always get pg symptoms for a whole week before af. This is a new thing with me that just started about a year ago. Up until then, I NEVER had pms at all. Who knows. Your system could just be going through some quirky change. Or you could be pg and just too early for the test to show accurate results. Either way, update us in a week.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

July 12th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Stellaluna's Avatar Super Mommy
Okay..dumb question but I still have to ask.

I understand the the P and N stand for postivie and negative...but what the heck is the BF for?

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Homeschooling Mom to Sam (3-21-02)

My Photography Website

My Blog - Pollywog in a Blog</span>
July 12th, 2007, 07:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Big Fat LOL

July 12th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Stellaluna's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Big Fat LOL[/b]

I thought it was going to be something more technical than that!

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Homeschooling Mom to Sam (3-21-02)

My Photography Website

My Blog - Pollywog in a Blog</span>
July 12th, 2007, 09:42 AM
~hsingtreehouse~
HAHA!!! I didn't know either until I posted a time or two on TTC when we were thinking about TTCing. They say "Big Fat Positive and Big Fat Negative." LOL I still don't know why!
July 12th, 2007, 02:41 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep Big Fat Nothing and Big Fat Positive. You will find that on any TTC board.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
July 12th, 2007, 02:54 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
Oh...it is NOTHING. Now it makes sense!!! It is just a good way to emphasize, huh? DUH! I am slow lately!
July 12th, 2007, 03:04 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well it can be both NOTHING or NEGATIVE. Bit like how dh can be dear hubby or darn hubby! depending on the mood.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
July 13th, 2007, 09:10 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow...what a week for you!

HUGS, and keep us updated.

July 14th, 2007, 03:08 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
Well, I tested this morning...I am still only 10 dpo (days post ovulation) and it is still BFN!!!! Still a little early, but I *think* I am in the clear. I will still let you all know in a few days. I am going to test again on Monday. By then, if it were going to be BFP, surely it would be. It was with both my other kids by 12dpo.
July 14th, 2007, 03:09 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
Well, I tested this morning...I am still only 10 dpo (days post ovulation) and it is still BFN!!!! Still a little early, but I *think* I am in the clear. I will still let you all know in a few days. I am going to test again on Monday. By then, if it were going to be BFP, surely it would be. It was with both my other kids by 12dpo.
July 15th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Was the first positive a digital test? Those seem to have a lot of false positives comparatively.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

July 15th, 2007, 08:26 AM
twiceinabluemoon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There are entire boards here at jm dedicated to interpreting HPT! LOL (And I am an expert, just ask Butter).

The digitals work on a different technology and watching my expecting group, there seemed to be a few true false positives with the digitals. I would only trust them after a positive on the other tests. Also the blue dye tests don't seem to be as accurate.

With this baby I got some pretty good lines at about 8 or 9 dpo. I could take a photo of them...LOL. It was with the Early First Response.

I hope it turns out the way you want it to.

I'll Cry if I Want to / My Photography Blog </div>
July 15th, 2007, 01:14 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
YES! The first test was a digital (Clear Blue Easy) and I was only like 8 days post ovulation (if I ovulated when the little calculator thingie said I did.

However, I tested today at 11 dpo and still BFN. THis was with a dollar store test. I am getting PMS - bloating, really crabby. I do think AF will be coming. I mean, there is still a chance, but my bbs aren't even sore anymore. I think we are safe.

And BFN is "MY" plan. The only way that will change is if God himself has a different path for my dh and I.

Thanks for your insight! I will NEVER use a digital HPT again as long as I live. False positives suck!! And not only for someone like me who wasn't trying to get pg...but worse for someone who has been charting and TTCing for a long time. To get that BFP and realize it was false would be crushing! They really should have a disclaimer on those things!
July 15th, 2007, 05:28 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Thanks for your insight! I will NEVER use a digital HPT again as long as I live. False positives suck!! And not only for someone like me who wasn't trying to get pg...but worse for someone who has been charting and TTCing for a long time. To get that BFP and realize it was false would be crushing! They really should have a disclaimer on those things![/b]
Belle was our suprise, but with Ryllan and Finn we "tried" for one month. So we didn't have to wait long to get that BFP, but let me tell you I would have been bummed to get a false positive. And they are very rare, but more common with digital. I would stick with the normal pink line type.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search