Jo

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How is your shop coming along? Did you get those boxes to work? I was just thinking about it and wanted to ask.

July 13th, 2007, 02:19 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those cerial boxes worked pretty well. Figured I would do a mix of those and the cubes and add to it now and then. I have done about 8 boxes and Sarah had a great time cutting out toys and pasting them on. All girls toys lol, no boys toys alowed I am told! The boxes I tried to modify are kind of lopsided but that only bothers me, you know kids could care less lol. I am stroring them in a kids shoe box and thought I would try and add a 'shelf' inside of it too.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
July 13th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh, cool! It sounds like she is having fun with it.

July 13th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Oh yes, she is constantly asking for the 'shop'. partly for the boxes and partly for the new toy cash register lol. I just have to keep those boxes away from ds though, he is such a rough little guy!

July 13th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have a rough little guy too and he is only 18 mos! I got Eathan a really neat small workbook and it was really good for phonemic awareness and I caught Garrett ripping the pages up! He isn't allowed to have book time to himself unless they are board ones.

July 13th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Daniel is way less mature then Sarah was at the same age (he is 2 and 3/4 but acts like he's just over 2, or maybe that’s just because he is a boy?) he still rips books and flaps on those lift a flap type books. Sarah would have ripped a total of 3. I have lost count of his demolition work, he has even totally destroyed at least 4 board books by bending them back the wrong way. *sigh*

July 13th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yes, I think that is all boy! My pediatrician tells me all the time that one will play perfectly and usually the other one is very destructive. That is definitely true with both of my boys. Eathan has NEVER ripped pages, drew on things he wasn't supposed to or anything like that and I have lost count with Garrett!

July 13th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Definitely sounds like a boy! I hate lift-a-flap books. They always get ripped. I also don't like pop-up books.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

July 13th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Oh he loves to draw on things if he gets the chance! he got a brown felt pen yesterday and drew all over his hands and this toy plane and on Sarah's Saddle club stencil book...hopfuly no where else!

July 13th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OH DS still tears books up and he's four!! He has this thing about peeling tape and uh...lets just say the library doesn't like that!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search