Some good news for us

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, Dh and I plan to flip Dh's grandma's house that is about an hour's drive from where we live. It is a very small house and very dated, from what I am told. I have never been there. MIL is so stressed with SIL's cancer and taking care of grandma who now lives with her, and FIL who is a little nuts. So she needs to sell this house and just doesn't have the energy or emotional stomach to clean it out and do it. She has a little money to put into it. Enough to maybe get a good price and remodel a little. She is too stressed to really think about it right now, but she had mentioned to my SIL a year ago that if someone would just do the work or help hire out the work and sell it, they could share some of the profit. Well, I am finally in a position to do that. I am healthy and not pregnant right now and when the weather is nice in the Spring we have the time to do it. It is in a colder part of the state and when it starts to snow it won't be that great and we are all busy trying to help SIL with her surgeries and radiation. Anyway, I am addicted to design and renovation shows and I have my artistic side that is itching to do this! We are living in an apartment for the next year and I can't do it here. I hope to spend my days at HomeDepot, learning how to do all this, price matching and really showing MIL that I am serious. Dh and I talked all about it and in a year we want to buy a house and we were wondering how we were going to get money for a down payment until I remembered this. It is the best timing because we want to move next fall or spring and if we get it sold before then we could end up with at least 20k. And right now I am not doing crazy full time homeschool. She would take the rest of the money to help fix up her house that she has wanted to do for years. It is a win/win situation.

So just had to share my exciting news. I just have to wait until MIL is not so stressed to really get going. We hope to clean it out before it gets cold at least and I am trying to put together a folder of all that I find to let her see that A) I know what I am doing- to a point and B) that I am serious and about getting this place sold. Houses around there are going for $250 and this being really small may only go for $100 as a starter or older couple home, but its owned free and clear so everyone will win out. YAY! We may be able to finally get into a house!

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

August 27th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How exciting!
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

August 27th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
That's awesome!

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

August 27th, 2007, 06:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Cool!!

August 27th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How fun! Dh and I talk about how much fun it would be to flip a house. Your plan sounds like a great low-risk way to do it. Hope you make a big profit!

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
August 27th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Send a message via ICQ to alicialindsey Send a message via AIM to alicialindsey
WOW! That is exciting. My husband and I are contractors and we love it. Its instant satisfaction. You can see your work fold out right before your eyes. Good luck with your new project. Its always great to have a project with your husband!

August 27th, 2007, 02:35 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great opportunity. Hope you make lots of money on that.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search