Talen has his own room!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2007, 05:40 AM
grunig's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to grunig Send a message via Yahoo to grunig
They were all 3 sharing a room. Well I tried to convince Tim that we should just go ahead and separate them while I was pg with Thorne. He wouldn't have any part of it. Well about 3 weeks ago they boys started driving him mad. The younger 2 would play at bedtime and poor Talen would come out tattling on them. Finally he was like well I think Talen needs his own room now. I was like DUH!!!! I said this almost 3 YEARS ago! LOL

Anyway Talen has his own room. Poor kid is sleeping in a tent for now. lol.gif We are going to go buy him a new bed soon but wanted to make the switch NOW. Trent took the top bunk and Thorne the bottom. My crib has been disassembled for the first time in 6 years! That was kind of sad to see but great at the same time. KWIM? It is going in storage in the hope I can adopt my little girl someday. Anyway thought I would tell you about the huge transitions going on in our house. Fun, fun, fun! LOL

Mom to Talen, Trent, and Thorne

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waAmfrF/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
August 28th, 2007, 05:55 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh I'm so jealous!! All 3 of my boys share a room and it's driving me insane. We have to add on to the house before we can seperate them though.

I remember when we took our crib down. It was the first time it had been taken apart since just before our oldest was born. I think it was also 6 years. I CRIED! lol I couldn't even watch dh take it apart. I had to leave the room. lol I'm glad it's down now, but at the time it was hard. I think because it made our decision not have any more babies feel so real. Now my niece is using it for her little boy, and I'm happy to have the extra space it freed up. lol (But, I AM getting it back when she's done with it. )
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

August 28th, 2007, 06:13 AM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
awww..we just re-seperated the younger boys ourselves..now all 4 are happily in their own space! I took down my crib about 3 months ago..whaaa... it's got a new home but I miss it!
August 28th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Ani and Cameron choose to share a room. They have their own rooms, but they don't want to be apart. They are also counting down until they can have Fritz with them.

We took down our crib when Ani was a baby. It was used for half of two nights and never again!

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

August 28th, 2007, 07:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's great, Stacy!! I bet he's loving sleeping in the tent!!

The boys share a room to play in, but they are still in the bed with me since DH works nights. We don't know what we are going to do when DH is home at night. Maybe get a bigger bed??

Eathan took 1 nap in his crib and that's it. He HATED it. We didn't even bother putting it up for Garrett. We have it in the attic just in case the next one wants it.

August 28th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Oops it double posted.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waAmfrF/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
August 28th, 2007, 07:15 AM
I did a family bed as well but eventually moved the younger 2 over to the crib at just under a year. We moved Talen when he was a bit over a year and it was heart breaking. He was miserable but I was pg and he had to transitiong. After that we said we wouldn't wait until they could fully understand being moved to a new bed. It was much easier on us and them to move them when they were a little younger than Talen was. Our crib got used more as a toddler bed than a crib, the front came off. My kids are close and love to be together but Talen needs peace and quiet at times. He gets stressed and anxious pretty easily so the space is good for him. He was actually able to go to bed last night and lay down to read quietly for 30 minutes. He loved the peace and quiet, or at least he said he did.

</a>
August 28th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure he will at first, but I don't doubt he will start to miss the "noise" and sneak in there a couple of times a week.

August 28th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Send a message via ICQ to alicialindsey Send a message via AIM to alicialindsey
I don't have any other babies, so Isaiah has his own room, but we're planning on trying (I say the word loosly as Isaiah was a birth control baby) again very soon...most likely after our trip from Hawaii. Congratulations on the big move though! I think its nice to have your own room. I want my own room. haha.

August 28th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds good to have them separated. Right now I only have one other room besides my own and trying to transition the baby in with the 3 year old is tough! I remember when I took DD's crib down too. I cried, especially since we were having a hard time getting pregnant and I thought of the what if we never got to use it again? It is so hard! I hope you can adopt your baby girl soon.

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

August 28th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Oh, Trish I didn't even see your post until after I posted the one above. I was actually responding to what Heather said about her kids loving to share a room. Not at all critiquing you on when you move your boys. Hope it didn't sound that way. LOL

Oh, Trish I didn't even see your post until after I posted the one above. I was actually responding to what Heather said about her kids loving to share a room. Not at all critiquing you on when you move your boys. Hope it didn't sound that way.

</a>
August 28th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't take it that way. No worries!

August 28th, 2007, 02:20 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For talen! How is he enjoying his big boy status? Also how is thorne going in his new bed? I am such a slacker, my ds is older then all of these little ones and still uses a cot (crib) We havn't change him because he's such an imature kid and his room has other stuff in it that he can get into. Where going to have to bite the bullet soon.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
August 28th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Good Trish! Not sure what is up with my double posting today.

Jo,

He LOVES it. He switched closets today and thought it was awesome to have his own little place for clothes. He has had to share a closet, dresser, etc since he can remember since the middle one was born when he was 21 months. LOL Thorne slept all night w/o falling out, and no bed rail to catch him. Trent thinks having the top bunk is great! Makes him the big brother of that bedroom.

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search