tooth Drama

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2007, 02:44 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So yesterday Sarah showed us her tooth was getting very wobbly, then at bedtime it finaly came out! Wow her first tooth on my birthday! She was extactic, like she was jumping around for joy. So we told her it had to be under her pillow for the tooth fairy and to go straight to sleep. A yer right..my child go straight to sleep..in your dreams mum! 15 minutes of slence was broken by sobs coming from her bedroom. "I lost my tooth in the bed!!!!" Yep she had taken it out from under her pillow and had been holding/playing with it, droped it and now it is lost. So after church it will be operation tooth hunt. I will have to clean up every thing from around and under her bed. Sigh just imagine the bomb going off because that is her room. Strip the bed and I pray I will find the thing! I had already told her the night before that the tooth had to be under the pillow for the tooth fairy to leave a coin so I dared not still leave a coin incase she found the tooth.
Do you guys just leave the tooth under the pillow? Do your kids actualy leave it alone?

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
September 8th, 2007, 03:08 PM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
We have a little "case" the dentist gave us, Noah has used it since his first tooth and now Declan has once that the oral surgeons gave him..the tooth goes in and the money goes in place of the tooth magically..LOL
September 8th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Ani lost the last tooth that came out. We have absolutely no idea where it went. We never found it. The tooth fairy left her dime on the dining room table and Ani was convinced that the tooth fairy had found the tooth and left the dime where Ani could find it. Luckily the tooth never turned up (it's been a couple weeks). At first we did the under the pillow thing but more and more we've been convincing Ani to leave it on her desk or dresser. So much easier for the tooth fairy lol

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

September 8th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Heather!!

Cool, I'm glad she's excited her tooth came out!! Hopefully you will find it, if not then just leave her tooth fairy money somewhere else and pray the tooth never shows.

September 8th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Someone at church said we should write the tooth fairy a note, which I think we will do. I moved toys, I striped the bed and lifted the mattress but zilch. Although We did find 10c in the serch but I thought that was too mean an amount to say that was from the tooth fairy. Not that she has done too badly, she was showing everyone her gap at church and made about $2

September 8th, 2007, 06:51 PM
grunig's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to grunig Send a message via Yahoo to grunig
Haha! I just used a zip lock bag. We put the tooth in there and I just replaced it with money later. That way he wasn't searching for coins in his sheets. Worked fine for us. Oh and I did take the tooth, and hid it in a box in my room. I am going to keep them until he looses them all.

Mom to Talen, Trent, and Thorne

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waAmfrF/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
September 9th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Yes I would have liked to have kept it.

September 9th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
We only give 10 cents a tooth We have a Berenstain Bears book from when I was a kid (Visit the Dentist) and Sister gets 10 cents for her lost tooth so my daughter assumed that was the going rate... I know kids here get as much as $5 a tooth.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

September 9th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Wow $5! That is steep. I was origanly planing on giving a gold coin ($1) but since she lost it thought a silver 50c.

September 9th, 2007, 08:35 AM
grunig's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to grunig Send a message via Yahoo to grunig
I know a lot of people who give like $5-$20 for the first tooth and just as insane an amount for each tooth after. They say they are going by inflation rates, compared to when they were children. No way here! I just dug out what I had in my wallet, and added a $1 coin I have been saving for them. I think he got a total of $2.25. I also told him he couldn't keep it unless he could count it for the that morning. LOL He got it right.

Mom to Talen, Trent, and Thorne

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waAmfrF/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
September 9th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, thankfully I had a forgetful tooth fairy so I got whatever they had in their wallet! I think I got $10 for one of mine but at least it was a molar. I guess it was worth more. I usually got b/t $1-$5 for my teeth.

September 9th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Woohoo for Sarah's first lost tooth! Although, too bad it really is "lost." We haven't had that happen yet, but Jack worries about it, so we told him that if it gets lost, we'll write a note to the tooth fairy explaining what happened.

I don't even remember what I used to get for lost teeth. Probably a quarter. For Jack (since he's the only one that's lost a tooth so far) we've been giving him $1. But it has to be in change, because it looks like more. Once the tooth fairy gave him a $1 bill and he was so upset!
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search