She is so mad right now

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2007, 08:15 AM
ilovemy3wikids
Last year for kinder we only did math and phonics and now in 1st grade she has a few more subjects we have to cover by law, however she would rather be playing outside and is fighting me kicking and screaming. She says school is stupid and she is refusing to do it
September 9th, 2007, 09:46 AM
wifey2kevin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to wifey2kevin Send a message via Yahoo to wifey2kevin
i'm sorry you are having such a hard time. i don't have an experience so i will just offer (((((HUGS))))) i hope yall find something that works soon!

Survivor Mom - My Blog

September 9th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is where, having had my kids in the public school to begin with, I have an advantage. Because my kids know what it is like to sit in a classroom for 7 hours a day/5 days a week/9 months a year, they have a appreciation for homeschooling. They know that no matter what I have them do, it is still better than that classroom and they still have so much more play time then they ever did before. Not only were they in that classroom for 7 hours a day, but when they got home they still couldn't play because they had 2 or 3 hours of homework to do. There are times that I wish I had started them out homeschooling, but then I remember that having had them in school has given them a better appreciation and more tolerance for homeschooling.
I wish there were some way that you could help her to understand how much more playtime she has BECAUSE she is homeschooled. Good luck! I hope she adjusts to her new schedule soon.
September 9th, 2007, 11:30 AM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
Ditto Shery..Noah knows 2-3 hours a day is nothing... so he never has issues with the amount of work. I am only doing core subjects though until the weather turns cus well..i want to be outside..LOL
September 9th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're having a rough time right now, but hopefully you can get it worked out. I'm sure you will.

September 9th, 2007, 01:32 PM
grunig's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to grunig Send a message via Yahoo to grunig
I have actually laid out a timeline for Talen to show him just how much free time he has compared to ps. It really seemed to help.

I have actually laid out a timeline for Talen to show him just how much free time he has compared to ps. It really seemed to help.

Mom to Talen, Trent, and Thorne

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waAmfrF/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
September 9th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry ya'll are having such a rough time. I can sympathize. I just went through a rough spell myself. It will probably take a little time for her to get back into the school day routine anyway after having the summer break. Maybe you could ease in slowly. Use the first few weeks as introduction weeks and start out with just math & phonics, slowly adding in 1 or 2 new subjects per week until you're in a full routine. That's what we did last year & this year. It makes it much easier than slamming them with 6+ subjects right away.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

September 9th, 2007, 02:00 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
to you both!
What state are you in? Ok so tell us exactly what subjects are you doing and what that looks like and lets see if we can ajust some things. Also does she have to be classed as grade 1 just yet? or can you 'hold back' a year?
I know you were adding in history, how did SOTW go?

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
September 9th, 2007, 03:41 PM
ilovemy3wikids
well it turned out to only be 2 1/2 hours of work and that was with breaks in between the subjects She also did 30 min of reading YAY!! Once she "got over it" she did really good and she was looking through the SOTW stuff with me and we did horses in science so she's more excited now We live in WI.
September 9th, 2007, 04:10 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh that's good. So was the kicking and screaming just from the idea of doing school, not actualy from doing it?
Looks like WI is an easy state, so I wouldn't worry if you don't always do all those subjects. Social studies, science and health can be seen to be coverd by simply living life if needed.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
September 9th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY!! I'm glad she came around!!

September 10th, 2007, 04:51 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I'm glad she came around and it turned out okay!

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search