Help me find my sanity, Ladies.

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok ladies, I am really stressing here and I think I'm officially going wacko!!I don't post on the TTC boards or I would post this there, but I need to let it out!!

We are on our 3rd cycle of TTC. AF finally regualted herself after BF and I'm back on my 30 day cycle and have been for June, July, and August. Well I am 3 days late today. DH and I went to dinner Saturday and we went to walmart to get a test. At this point I am one day late. The box came with 3 tests, it's the Equate ones I used with Eathan and Garrett. Soo, I POAS and BFN!! I wait until Sunday morning, POAS, BFN! Still the only signs of AF are cramps and being moody , but I think I'm starting to have imaginary pregnancy symptoms! I POAS this morning and BFN!! I would have thought it would have been positive by now if I was preggers, right?? I'm just completely flipped out! I wasn't even thinking it was going to happen this cycle, so it's not like I have been obsessing about it. I didn't start obsessing until my period was late. I know with Eathan I was 6-8 weeks preggers before I got a positive test, but I didn't test until AF was 2 weeks late. I can't remember for the life of me how long it was after AF skipped with Garrett, but I'm not thinking it was that long that I was late and got a BFP! My OB/GYN isn't an OB anymore so I have to find a new DR, so it's not like I can just call him up and go in for a blood test, kwim? I really don't know why I'm stressing about this, I mean it took a year to get preggers with Garrett and I'm all about things happening in Gods time. I honestly feel pregnant, but like I said I think I'm having imaginary pregnancy symptoms. Like it's all in my head, ya know. I just want AF to show or a BFP to show!! I just don't like not knowing either way and it's driving me insane!!!

Thanks for listening, ladies!! I just had to let it out somewhere.

September 10th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you get an answer one way or another soon...the NOT knowing is the hard part. If you aren't, you can go with that and move forward, but not knowing is HARD!!!
LET US KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 10th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I have a friend who doesn't get positive tests until around 9 weeks. Do you know when you O'd? If you aren't pregnant this cycle (you could be), charting could help a lot next time. I'm waiting to O (cd 19) and if I didn't know that I haven't O'd yet I'd assume I did a few days ago and then when I am "late" I really wouldn't be. It would just be because I O'd late.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

September 10th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had thought about charting, but then I think I would be obsessed the entire cycle instead of just if AF is late. My cycles are pretty regular and I had the EWCM (sorry if TMI ) on the 20th and 21st, so I would assume I O'd then. My cycle is normally 30 days to the day, but I know it gets wacky after BF. I thought it had leveled itself out though b/c it was consistently every 30 days for 3 mos. I like to take as laid back approach to TTC as possible, but when AF is late my brain goes all wacko on me.

September 10th, 2007, 08:34 AM
grunig's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to grunig Send a message via Yahoo to grunig
DId you use an Early Response pg test? The lowest amount of HCG I have seen that they can detect is 20. most are 25. I used thiese when I was trying for Thorne. They are cheap and measure at only 20 so I didn't feel guilty testing all the time. http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/3pregtesstri.html
This also gives you a comparison chart for the diffrerent brands ahd what levels they measure. Good luck! http://www.babyhopes.com/pregnancy-t...itivity.htmlIt could be that your levels just aren't high enough to detect yet. I was 9+ day late with Talen, and got 2 negatives before I got a positive, and I think I was using the Equate brand. With Trent I was almost a week late (Using Eckerd Brand), and with Thorne I wasn't even late yet (Using the ones in the link). . Good luck~

Mom to Talen, Trent, and Thorne

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waAmfrF/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
September 10th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the links, Stacy. I don't know if I can hold off and wait for the box man to bring me some. If AF shows though I may have to order some and stash them . I may run up to the Dollar Tree and get some tests today just to see. They measure at 20 mIU. The equate ones are supposed to be at 25 mIU, but they are different since I used them with Garrett and Eathan. Now they are +/- and it used to be 2 lines, so I don't know if that makes a difference. I thought hcg levels were supposed to double though in the first few days of pregnancy?? It is the worst not knowing.

September 10th, 2007, 09:42 AM
~hsingtreehouse~
Well Tisha, I have been posting on the WTTC board for awhile (had bad baby fever at one time...remember) and it seems that the concensus is that the pink 2 line tests are the best. There are also lots of people that don't test positive on an HPT until 6 weeks pg.

I did what you are doing when I got that false positive. I had every pg symptom you could imagine right after that! I would have SWORN I was pg, but I wasn't. So, it really could be your body playing tricks on you a little since you are freaking out with the late AF.

Keep us posted! Hope you get the results you want and soon!
September 10th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
*off to dollar tree*

I'll definitely keep you guys posted!! Thanks for all of your input!!

September 10th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know how hard it is not knowing for certain one way or another. I've used alot of different brands of tests (six years of TTC before #1, and 7 pregnancies). The ones that I have found to be the best are the First Response tests. They're supposed to be super sensitive and you can test as early as 5 days before AF. You can get them at WalMart. I used to like EPT, but they changed to digital and I just don't trust those at all. I've heard of way too many false positives with digitals.
My tests usually didn't show positive until I was about a week late. I have a friend who never had a BFP with HPT's. She always had to have a blood test to confirm a pregnancy. Be sure and keep us updated! Hopefully the waiting will be over soon, one way or another.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

September 10th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok...well I'm back from the Dollar tree...and I managed to squeeze out a little bit of urine. Which I know I should have waited until in the morning, but I can't help it. I'm a little obsessed now. Of course, BFN. I'll test again in the morning and if nothing I'll try and hold out a little while to see if AF shows. I'll test tomorrow morning and Wed morning and if I still get BFN I'll try and hold out a week or at least friday and go and get a first response. I would just hate to waste all of this money on tests if they are just going to be BFN. I'll keep you updated!

September 10th, 2007, 11:23 AM
grunig's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to grunig Send a message via Yahoo to grunig
I tell you, if you aren't pg this month, get those that I used. Cheap, easy to use, and no guilt about money bc they were super cheap. And I know they work great!

Mom to Talen, Trent, and Thorne

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waAmfrF/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
September 10th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Okay, so you had EWCM 3 weeks ago? That's WAY long for a luteal phase. Do you know how long you usually go between EWCM and AF? 18 days of high temps (which usually starts a day or two after the EWCM) is considered pregnant. I would guess you either are pregnant OR your body tried to O at that point but didn't. See, this is why I love charting (we use NFP when we want to conceive, but also to avoid). I know exactly what's going on with my body.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

September 10th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't even know what the luteal phase is. Well, honestly I have no idea b/c I don't keep track of lots of the details. I just know that my cycle length is 30 days from the first day of my period to the next. The only reason I remembered the dates for the EWCM was b/c I was lurking on the TTC boards at that time and the dates just stuck in my head. I know that I don't ovulate at all while BF or at least I don't get pregnant while breastfeeding b/c DH and I do nothing to prevent at that time. Maybe I'm still not ovluating then and my cycles are still screwy. IDK!! I just wish I knew certain either way. I had really sharp pains in my stomach on Aug 25th and Aug 26th so I may not have ovulated until then. I remember those pains b/c I was staying at my SIL house for my brother's birthday and I said maybe I have an emby implanting b/c I was doubled over in pain. It very well could have been ovulation pains, but I don't know!! I'm just playing the guessing game now and trying to analyze details that I really am not certain about.

September 10th, 2007, 02:00 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
FCM is the best indicator of O, not pains or even temp acording to my Billings method book. Maybe we use diffrent letters because I am not sure what your EW stands for. My book uses colour to chart, a packet of small mixed colour dots works great for this, (lol for homeschool math too.) red dot for AF days, green dot for dry days, white dot for any kind of M. The start of the white dots is the begining of the fertile phase. Then you put an x over the day/s with FM. LOl X marks the spot! BD up to 3 days prior has higher chances of a girl, BD on the X higher chances of a boy. Oh yes any M after the peack is recorded with a yellow dot. I think the luteal phase is the one after the X, not sure as my book doesn't use that term.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
September 10th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
EW is egg white. It's the stretchy stuff. That is when you are supposed to be most fertile. I'm so embarassed b/c I honestly didn't think it would happen so fast so I don't even know the dates we BD. I know it sounds crazy since we are TTC, but I wasn't expecting a BFP already if that's what it is. This is seriously making me crazy!! I just hate not knowing! I'll be fine either way, but I just want to know!!

September 10th, 2007, 02:18 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok, I just call that FCM. F standing for fertile. I like the early response sticks with the two lines. (((hugs))) you will get an answer soon!

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
September 10th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Here's hoping for sooner than later.

September 11th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh! Don't I know what playing the waiting game is like with both my girls. I will say charting did help me. I don't like to obsess too much either, but I am not a typical woman with regular cycles. It seems if I don't chart I have NO idea when I ovulate. It might be worth a try if you are really ttc. Its so hard to wait and I hate it. And every time I am not pregnant I get sad. Its amazing how if you aren't ttc AF showing is such a blessing and if you are ttc it is such a curse! Good luck!

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search