What did you do today?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wondering how everyone's school day went today? (And I need to get my mind off wondering when labor will start. )

My kids started with Math, then did some vocabulary work. I think my son worked on his Science work after that while my oldest daughter played with the little ones. Then we made sandwiches for lunch and they had backyard playtime while I rested. After that we played a grammar game and watched Schoolhouse Rock's "Unpack your Adjectives." (It feels like a time warp back to saturday mornings when I was a kid everytime we watch that video!) Then we headed back outside to the lake to do some nature sketching. I figured the walk and the fresh air would do us some good. And the kids drawings turned out so good! We ended up having a much more productive day than I expected.

Hope all of yours went well too!

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
September 10th, 2007, 03:27 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well it's only 7.56am here lol, so nothing except a load of washing and breakfast so far.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
September 10th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We learned about Birds nest fungi...it's growing in our landscape mulch. It's so gross, but Eathan thought it was the cooles thing ever!! We did a lot of outside things today. It was actually pleasant outside!

Here is a picture of it...

Birds Nest Fungi

ETA: pic and link

September 10th, 2007, 04:49 PM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
We met friends for a walk on the bike trail, then grocery shopping...lunch.. then Taejan went in for a nap... Noah started his school work while I got my cup of coffee ( didn't have it in the AM)..then Declan did Phonics and Math..then off to ballet, home ate dinner, now everyone is in BED!
September 10th, 2007, 06:26 PM
grunig's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to grunig Send a message via Yahoo to grunig
Our day was actually good for once. We finished everything, including a science/history project of the Nile. Oh and Talen finished his 100 Easy Lessons book. WE have been taking our time with it and he was so proud of himself today!

Mom to Talen, Trent, and Thorne

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waAmfrF/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
September 10th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Stellaluna's Avatar Super Mommy
Our day was good as well.

We started out with Bible studies, handwriting, a few pages in our "Right Into Reading Book" and the first half of this weeks "Spelling Workout" lesson. Then we reviewed our Latin, grammar and poetry from last week. After that Sam watched the video lesson for his Math U See lesson and did some practice pages.

We took a break and my Dad stopped by to take Sam for a walk which was nice.

After lunch we settled in for literature with Sam reading a story in the 2nd grade Abeka reader and a few pages in "Stuart Little". I read some SOTW and then our reading assignment for science. We finished up by journaling what we read about for science to put into our science journal/notebook.

Before dinner Sam snuck in a few games of chess with his Dad and read a chapter or so in a Magic Treehouse book. We went to storytime at the bookstore, came home and dh read a chapter in "Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh". Then it was off to bed .

All together we spent about 3 hrs. on school today...I wonder what he would have done if he were in ps Kindergarted today .

We're in week 2 now and slowly finding our groove..

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">Homeschooling Mom to Sam (3-21-02)

My Photography Website

My Blog - Pollywog in a Blog</span>
September 11th, 2007, 01:36 AM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
...I wonder what he would have done if he were in ps Kindergarted today[/b]
Wow I couldn't imagine your Sam in a K classroom. Probably reviewing letters

We started a bit late today but did everything. We did calendar, Bible, read 'A Pair Of Red Clogs' made a Kimono colarge and reviewed numbers. Sarah did some drawing and writing before school. About an hour and a half.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
September 11th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
We did school together in the morning. Read more about food people used to eat, started Dolphin Treasure, and learned about why birds build nests. Then the kids had gymnastics. They both had their new teachers finally today. Cameron learned how to go from standing to a headstand. Ani learned how to do a vault and land standing up on the tall mat. After dinner Jamie and the big kids made a fire in the backyard and cooked a head of garlic in aluminum foil (the garlic exploded inside of the foil!). Cameron and I did his language arts and math in the evening. He learned the letter J. Because of his speech impediment he makes the sound like "jzhia". Ani did her language arts and math on her own sometime in the afternoon.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

September 11th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday:
Started a new lesson with Jared on the letter "Mm" and the moon. Biblical concept: I am the light of the world--the light of Jesus shining through us. (Last week was Jesus is the light of the world--sun.)
Jack is still dawdling a lot so we pretty much worked all day until time to start dinner. I did allow him some breaks, though; so, he wasn't just sitting at the table all day.

Today:
We left after breakfast & went to my sister's house. She was giving Jack a lesson on his family tree & ancestors. I chose to let her do that lesson because she's real big into geneology and has been researching our family history for about 10 years! She also has some information on my dh's family. So she was much better suited for that lesson than me. He really enjoyed it. Afterward, we had to run some errands. Now we're home and I'm putting off the rest of school.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search