So irritated

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2007, 06:18 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
The sister of a neighbor knocked on our door and started yelling at me that my kids had vandalized her vehicle yesterday. The woman's story went from my children being outside all day yesterday to her only being home after 5. Of course my kids were outside very little yesterday because of Cameron's birthday parties. Apparently someone drew in purple (washable) marker on the lady's license plate. Now, I'm not saying my kids definitely DIDN'T do it, but unless she could give me proof that my kids DID I'm going to have to believe my children when they say they didn't.

This is especially so because the woman made a snide remark about us going to church and they kept using foul language and even cussed AT my kids! What has me the most irritated, though, is the woman claimed she saw Ani in the parking lot between two vehicles. We have a very strict rule about not going in the parking lot. If Ani so much as puts one foot on the street Cameron's inside tattling. Cameron says Ani didn't go in the parking lot. So I believe Ani when she says she didn't.

I asked Ani why the woman would claim she saw Ani if she didn't. Ani said she didn't know. I asked Ani if she is saying the woman is lying and Ani said yes. And then the woman got absolutely livid (and her grown daughter said that clearly my daughter was lying to get out of trouble and since she has taken child psychology she KNEW my daughter was telling a lie). She insisted Ani was lying and that it was ridiculous for Ani to insinuate the woman was.

Why is it okay for an adult to accuse a child of lying but the child cannot accuse the adult? It doesn't make sense. Adults sometimes lie. So do kids. It really irritates me that it is apparently okay to assume the child is lying, but not the adult. It's just totally wrong to me.

The woman said she was going to call the police about it and let the police get the kids in trouble (remember, they had no proof AT ALL of who had done this - it could have been ANYONE). I'm sure our police would have been thrilled about dealing with that. Our nice neighbors (who had been outside the whole time) came up and said he would call the police and let them know about these woman cussing at the children. After that the women got quiet and didn't call the police.

A little while later the nice neighbor came over to tell me what happened before the woman knocked on my door. My kids were talking to the nice neighbors and the woman came over and started ranting about these kids who "must have" vandalized her truck and GRABBED my daughter by the wrist and started dragging her up the side walk. The nice neighbor assumed the woman was going to take my kids to the truck and yell at them (or worse since she yelled at my kids that they needed their "butt" whipped - she didn't use the word butt, she used the foul word). My neighbor stopped her and said she could not do that and she needed to talk to the children's parents.

In a way I wish the lady HAD called the police. I'm sure they would have been thrilled to deal with someone ranting and cussing and physically grabbing a child all because they were angry about something the child might or might not have done (with WASHABLE marker). On top of it all, the women kept changing what they supposedly saw, particularly when I could tell them the time things happened yesterday. I am a clock watcher anyway so I remember times things happen, but yesterday was easy because Cameron's friend party was 1-3, my uncle got to our house at 2:15, my aunt and parents got there at 3:42 and then we did presents (so my kids were in our house) and I ordered pizza and it arrived at 5:37 and they spent the next hour eating and then the only time they went outside was to go next door to play with a kitten. The nice neighbor was actually outside for a while with A&C while they were playing with the kitten. She said they never walked away from her yet that's when this nasty woman claims the kids vandalized her truck! In reality the woman saw the marker (it belongs to the girl next door) and decided Ani must have done it and I think that was mostly because Ani was willing to stand up to her and insist that she was not lying.

After all that they claimed A&C had KEYED the hood of their car. After the nice neighbor threatened to call the police on them I said I didn't really see how that was possible since I don't know when they could have and she recanted and said she really thought teenagers did it! So why did she accuse my kids? She fully admitted that she did not actually see my kids do anything.

On the good side, this neighbor is moving and the sister and sister's daughter (owners of the truck) don't even live here. I told her thank goodness for all of that. Grrrrrr.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

September 23rd, 2007, 06:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
HOLY COW!! You are a much better woman than I b/c they would have been calling the police for me going crazy on a woman! How dare her grab your kids and cuss at them!! Seriously, people have no tact anymore! I'm sorry that you had to deal with that! I would be completely frazzled after that!

September 23rd, 2007, 06:51 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Whoa! I would not be happy if someone was cussing in front of or at my children. Let alone if they grabbed one of the by the wrist and started dragging them somewhere! She needs to learn how to deal with situations better. That is just ridiculous!

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

September 23rd, 2007, 09:46 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow I would be more then irritated I would be livid. I would be calling the police on her. Isn’t that assault? (grabbing Ani) Thank goodness they are moving!

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
September 24th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Yes, it is assault. And, sadly, I had to explain to Ani what assault means. I also had to explain what a serial killer is (more on that in a second). I told Ani if anyone ever grabs her again to yell "no" and kick them. I didn't find out that the woman had grabbed Ani until afterwards when the nice neighbor came to tell me what happened prior to the woman knocking on our door. By that time the mean neighbor and her sister and niece had left to take a load of stuff to the mean neighbor's new place. Had I known she had touched my child I don't think I would have been nearly so nice and I just might have dialed the police for them.

They claimed the kids were playing "serial killer" outside on Saturday. They also said they were talking about kidnapping. The girl next door is very dramatic and she told my kids she was almost kidnapped. Ani totally believes anything anyone tells her so Ani believed her. So that's the kidnapping part. The serial killer part my kids had no idea what they were talking about. I asked Ani what she thought a serial killer is and she said a person who uses something to kill cereal. Cameron thought it was someone who eats a whole lot of cereal. Even after I explained what a serial killer is Ani understood but Cameron didn't. He kept saying a serial killer is someone who kills one person over and over and over in the same way.

But the more I think about it, the clearer it is that Ani DIDN'T do it and those women were lying. For one thing, when my kids said they didn't know who did it and that the next door neighbor might have the woman knocked on their door and told them that my kids said that the neighbor girl DID do it. Well, I heard what my kids said and it definitely wasn't that. And then the "proof" that Ani had gone between two cars with a marker only was said after about 15 minutes. If that was true wouldn't they have said that first? They kept coming up with more "proof" that my daughter was guilty when it had started with them telling me one of my children did it and then moved to the next door girl did it and then suddenly it was definitely Ani. I think they have hated my children anyway since Cameron told them a couple weeks ago that they could die because they smoke.

And, she said that she often almost hits Fritz when he's walking around outside with no one with him in the mornings because my big kids aren't watching him. That just doesn't make any sense because my kids aren't out in the mornings (but lots of other kids and their little siblings are since the bus stop is at the end of our street). I know this is an absolute fact for two reasons. One, my kids don't have bedtimes and go to sleep later than most. Because of this they wake up later than most. As in 9:30 or 10 (after the woman goes to work). Two, because of weird comments I've gotten about school times I don't allow my kids to play outside during regular school hours. They don't go out until after 3 pm. They are NEVER out in the morning unless we are going out for a walk all together. She also made a very rude remark about Fritz not wearing shoes and how he's barely able to walk since he just started (totally untrue considering he's been walking all by himself for 5 1/2 months and people are always commenting on how good he is at walking).

Thank goodness this woman is moving!

Smaller on the Outside

September 24th, 2007, 07:09 AM
grunig's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to grunig Send a message via Yahoo to grunig
She would have seen the outside of my door in her face as soon as I noticed her attitude. I am bad bc I just won't deal with people like that. She would have just had to call the police or talk to my husband without my kids present.

Mom to Talen, Trent, and Thorne

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waAmfrF/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
September 24th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well thank goodness the mean neighbor is moving! Geesh! People never cease to amaze me!

September 24th, 2007, 08:04 AM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
Good grief! What a horrible woman. I'm glad she's moving away from you so you don't have to deal with her anymore!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

September 24th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! I would have been one HOT mamma! People like that just get all over me! I'm glad the neighbor is moving & you won't have to put up with her or her sister again!
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

September 24th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What an awful mess! You are handling it better than I would I'm sure!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 24th, 2007, 02:26 PM
My next door neighbor came over this afternoon and she said there is a long history of stuff like that with that woman! My neighbor asked the mean neighbor when she was moving and she said she had to be out by this afternoon. So she's gone now. Good riddance! Though my next door neighbor said she took down all the license plate numbers because she wouldn't put it past the nasty people to come back and do something nasty. How crazy is that?!?! These are grown women! Supposedly grown at least.

Smaller on the Outside

September 24th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh. My. Goodness!!
There is NO WAY I would have kept my cool- that woman would have been talking to the police.

September 24th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
WOW! What a LOVELY person to have been living next to. That is just so awful, so glad she is moving! If I had a neighbor that did anything like that... ooooo I don't blame you for being angry!

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search