Update on my SIL

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, she has had both surgeries and now we are waiting to start radiation. One doctor thinks she should do it now, but the rules are to wait 3 months after lactation- she just quit breast feeding her baby, if she doesn't she could develop breast cancer later. If she does it now, she might be some what well for Christmas, if she waits, they will make her do it two weeks before Christmas and she will miss it. Anyway, it has also spread to the lymph nodes and might be in her lungs. Also she has a rat infestation at her house and hobo spiders around the house too. She is having so much fun so far.

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

September 25th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
How awful! I had a friend who got colon cancer and she was nursing at the time she was diagnosed and they did radiation right away even though she literally had to wean her baby (he was only 4 months old) one day and start treatment the next. No one mentioned anything about potentially causing breast cancer later.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

September 25th, 2007, 07:05 AM
dinamommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my goodness! How awful! I hope the radiation does what it's suppose to. Be sure to update us.

~Stacey

Baby and little girls' leg warmers: http://www.etsy.com/shop/SassyStitchesStacey

September 25th, 2007, 02:12 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How awful. I'm so sorry she is having such a rotten time of everything.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
September 26th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope the radiation does what it needs to do. It sounds like she has a hard decision to make as far as timing. I know she would hate to miss Christmas, but at the same time wouldn't want to put herself in a position to have an increased risk of developing another cancer later on. {{{hugs}}} to your SIL and the whole family.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search