Why do you choose to vaccinate your children?

Forum: Choosing to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2009, 02:37 AM
MamaLacey's Avatar Mama of two boys & TTC #3
Send a message via AIM to MamaLacey Send a message via Yahoo to MamaLacey
What are your reason's for vaccinating your children? What will you tell your children about vaccinations when they are older & starting their own families?
My 3yr old son Landan died 23hrs after being diagnosed with Meningococcal Meningitis. It is a potentially vaccine preventable disease. The vaccine isn't on the schedule until 11-12yrs but is approved for use at age 2yrs. Our second son received the vaccine in December 2010 when he was 2yrs old. My son & thousands of other children prove that a vaccine is needed at a younger age.
Meningitis Awareness FB - http://www.facebook.com/meningitisawareness
Landan's Story - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dLwEgZaS68
Landan's Memorial bracelets are available at his website below.

My Facebook - Landan's Memory-Of - AngelLandan.com
January 27th, 2009, 07:47 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Well, for one, I don't for one second believe that vaccines cause autism. However, even if it did, I'd rather my child LIVE with autism than die from something I could've prevented. (And, yes, I KNOW how hard autism it...My best friend's little one is autistic. I was there when he was dx'd, at his IEPs, and I've even been his sole caregiver when she went into the hospital.)

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
January 27th, 2009, 08:03 AM
LisaW's Avatar Blessed Mama
I'm not sure I ever really thought about WHY I vaccinate. For me, it was obvious and I feel I would do anything to protect my child. We have never had an adverse reaction to a vaccine so I see no reason to not continue to protect them from whatever I can.

I trust modern medicine. I don't buy into big theories about pharmaceutical companies. Just as I would do anything to heal my child from an illness, I will do whatever I can to protect them. When my children ask why they have to get a flu shot, I tell them that it's to protect them.

We are given this opportunity to rid the world of diseases that used to be so common and fatal. Why wouldn't we continue to fight against the disease?

My Scentsy Website
Email Me!
January 27th, 2009, 11:58 AM
MamaLacey's Avatar Mama of two boys & TTC #3
Send a message via AIM to MamaLacey Send a message via Yahoo to MamaLacey
Like the PP, Lisa said - For me it's an obvious choice, I've never thought about NOT vaccinating my children. To be honest, I really never knew how against it people were until this past year when I was on a DDC at BabyCenter. I was pretty shocked, blown away, sad & upset that people don't vaccinate their children! I don't understand the reasoning behind it & nothing will make me understand. Why, why someone wouldn't take all the precautions to protect their children from fatal diseases is BEYOND me.

I will advocate to my children how important it is to be vaccinated & to protect their own children.
My 3yr old son Landan died 23hrs after being diagnosed with Meningococcal Meningitis. It is a potentially vaccine preventable disease. The vaccine isn't on the schedule until 11-12yrs but is approved for use at age 2yrs. Our second son received the vaccine in December 2010 when he was 2yrs old. My son & thousands of other children prove that a vaccine is needed at a younger age.
Meningitis Awareness FB - http://www.facebook.com/meningitisawareness
Landan's Story - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dLwEgZaS68
Landan's Memorial bracelets are available at his website below.

My Facebook - Landan's Memory-Of - AngelLandan.com
January 27th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I vaccinate for ALL the reasons already posted here. And I have a little more faith in medical science than bleached-botox-faced-barbie-wannabe's who think they know everything because they have google.
January 27th, 2009, 02:50 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Quote:
I have a little more faith in medical science than bleached-botox-faced-barbie-wannabe's who think they know everything because they have google.[/b]

I vaccinate because I want to keep my children from getting sick, simple as that. Yes, even the non-fatal diseases. I don't understand the argument that some illnesses are harmless or common. Why should my child be sick for a week, even uncomfortable, if I can prevent that?

On another board a woman tried to tell me that Pertussis is not a big deal. Well, I had it, it was a big deal to me. Yeah, it was not a threat to my life, but it was not fun, and given the choice between a shot and days and nights of wracking coughing I'd take the shot! And, as a child, the coughing fits that didn't let me catch my breath were scary!

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
January 28th, 2009, 01:52 AM
Terri.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Terri.
<span style="color:#ff00ff">Why do you choose to vaccinate your children?

If my children being vaccinated can save just one other child from dying from some stupid preventable disease, then it's worth all the "risks" that come with vaccinating.</span>
January 28th, 2009, 06:47 AM
LisaW's Avatar Blessed Mama
Quote:
I vaccinate for ALL the reasons already posted here. And I have a little more faith in medical science than bleached-botox-faced-barbie-wannabe's who think they know everything because they have google.[/b]
Oh yes! I'll take Amanda Peete over Jenny McCarthy (and Jim Carey??!) ANY day!

I think what people are saying about sick kids is so true. I hate it when my kids are sick and as their mommy I just want to make it better. I feel that by vaccinating them, it's my best chance to "make it better."

My Scentsy Website
Email Me!
January 28th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Jamie's mommy
I vaccinate because I don't want my son getting these diseases. I think parents who would rather their kids have natural immunity and even purposely expose them to diseases have never had them before. If they did, I bet there would be a lot more kids being vaccinated.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search