Is this no big deal?

Forum: Choosing to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2009, 10:15 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Does this look like no big deal?

Now, Sydney was too young to have received the varicella vaccine, and even if they did offer it to infants at the time I was delaying while I researched - but this next baby will have it, because even though many consider it common and not serious - it sure as heck wasn't fun for her! She was extremely uncomfortable for almost a week, covered in hot itchy blisters. I had to cover her in calamine several times a day and give her baking soda baths. We couldn't go anywhere. She didn't sleep well. Luckily she only got one scar that won't be seen unless she is unclothed. I felt so sorry for her and I will not purposefully expose my next child to it if they can be immunized and avoid it altogether.

It doesn't have to be a common childhood illness - if everyone vaccinated against it!

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
January 28th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor baby! That breaks my heart to see her like that!

I remember when I had the chicken pox... it was MISERABLE!!! And I managed to get them while on some kind of vacation over Easter... I remember being in a hotel room somewhere (I know it was Easter because the bunny left me a basket in the corner) and there was a pool there and I wanted SO BADLY to go swimming and my parents wouldn't let me because they said I could spread it to other kids who might go in there. Then we had to go to some sort of social thing, and I was all dolled up as little girls tend to be on Easter Sunday, and I was so embarrassed about the blisters on my face that I pretty much hid behind my mom the whole time and didn't want anyone to see me. And let's not forget the unbearable itching and being very uncomfortable on top of it. I'm pretty sure I was running a fever as well, I just remember feeling like crap all over.

But hey, NO BIG DEAL right? Gimme a break.
January 28th, 2009, 02:25 PM
MamaLacey's Avatar Mama of two boys & TTC #3
Send a message via AIM to MamaLacey Send a message via Yahoo to MamaLacey
Oh poor little sweetheart! My goodness, makes me sad to see her like that Even though I had them when I was older, around 12yrs - It was by no means "FUN." Gesh!
My 3yr old son Landan died 23hrs after being diagnosed with Meningococcal Meningitis. It is a potentially vaccine preventable disease. The vaccine isn't on the schedule until 11-12yrs but is approved for use at age 2yrs. Our second son received the vaccine in December 2010 when he was 2yrs old. My son & thousands of other children prove that a vaccine is needed at a younger age.
Meningitis Awareness FB - http://www.facebook.com/meningitisawareness
Landan's Story - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dLwEgZaS68
Landan's Memorial bracelets are available at his website below.

My Facebook - Landan's Memory-Of - AngelLandan.com
January 28th, 2009, 06:17 PM
LisaW's Avatar Blessed Mama
When I had it I remember thinking I would never be "normal" again. It was awful.

Poor little baby looks so sad....but so stinkin' cute! You have an adorable baby...even covered in the dang pox.

My Scentsy Website
Email Me!
February 1st, 2009, 08:21 AM
HunterandLandonsmom's Avatar Super Mommy
awww...poor girl. I remember how miserable i was with the chicken pox. Got a pretty high fever too

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search