We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Hi, I'm Desirea I have a one month old baby boy named Linden.
I have been researching about vaccines since being pregnant. I' was scared to vaccinate, but also scared not to vaccinate. I've decided to go with the vaccines. My son is sick(just a cold) right now though, and he's suppose to be going on the 25th for his vaccines. Will he be okay to have them then?
It's probably something best to talk with your doctor about and decide together whether or not it's best to get the vaccines. By the 25th, I would guess most of his symptoms have eased. According to regulations, vaccines can be given if a child has a cold, but it's always best to talk with your doctor and do what you feel is best for your child.
Welcome to our neck of the woods and congratulations on your baby boy!
I wouldn't worry yourself too much. If he's sick they'll just have you come back when he is healthy. Usually the biggest reason not to do a VAX is a fever.
When DD#2 was set for her 4 months needles we went to the office and out of nowhere she spiked an unexpected fever. The didn't do her needles that day of course. That was actually the day of was her first hospitalization for breathing problems. We went to the ER that night cause she wasn't right.
We brought her back about 3 weeks later when she was all healthy again and she's been back on the schedual since.
Basically it just puts the other shots that far behind. She DD was 7 months rather then 6 for her 3ed set of shots, and she'll continue to be a month behind. Not too big of a deal.
If your ever concerned just talk to your doctor, they'll be able to help you out a lot.
Hi Desirea, welcome to the board, and congratulations on your decision to protect your little boy with immunization! Like was said, his cold will probably be better by then, if not, see what his ped says.
Crissy ♥ mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09