New vaccines...how do you feel?

Forum: Choosing to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 6th, 2009, 09:42 PM
HunterandLandonsmom's Avatar Super Mommy
When new vaccines are approved by the FDA, do you then feel they are safe to give or do you like to wait and see for yourself as some of the actual public gets the vaccines

Last edited by HunterandLandonsmom; March 6th, 2009 at 09:54 PM.
March 7th, 2009, 09:02 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
I confess I don't jump up and down excited to line my kids up for them - I like to wait and see the public's response. I am a skeptic by nature though.

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
March 7th, 2009, 09:25 AM
KimberlyD0
I too wait. I generally want more information before I jump on bored. Like the HPV, I am waiting and studying for when my DD's are old enough. I havn't made a choice either way on that one.
March 7th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Jamie's mommy
For me, it would depend on what it is. The HPV vaccine didn't seem that useful to me when it came out, so I didn't get that for myself. I was delaying, so I didn't get Jamie the rotavirus vaccine and he didn't get rotavirus, anyway. Now, he's too old for the vaccine. If there were any that were really necessary, I might get them for him, but otherwise, I would just wait or not get it at all, if it was for something like HPV.

March 7th, 2009, 08:45 PM
LisaW's Avatar Blessed Mama
I think it depends. If it's a new virus altogether, such as Rotavirus or HPV, I do a lot of research and wait it out a bit. But, Kinrix is a vaccine brand that has DtaP and Polio together. Because both those vaccines are already "standard" vaccines, I'm not concerned. I'm actually thankful for Kinrix as we will be getting our Kindergarten shots here soon and it's one less needle.

My Scentsy Website
Email Me!
March 9th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It depends on the vaccine for me as well. Daniel got the rotavirus oral vaccine. I'm sure by the time my boys are teens, there will be a HPV vaccine for boys, so I will cross that bridge when we come to it.
March 11th, 2009, 07:07 AM
HunterandLandonsmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah...i'm not about jumping into vaccines right away. I have heard that a MRSA vaccine is in the works. Now MRSA freaks me out, but i defiantly wouldn't jump into the vaccine right away either.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search