We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I find myself in a weird position at the moment. I'm so tried I can't think
When DD#1 was 15 months she got her standerd vaccinations. A month later we were transfered to a new family doctor because our old one was moving. Somehow in this mess DD#1's 18 month boosters, and her 2 years MMR were missed I thought for some reason she had them
Now the daycare brought this to our attention and we've been told that Kayla will be removed if she doesn't get it. Not a huge deal since I wanted her to have them anyway.
However they want me to come in tomorrow to do both at the same time. Somehow this seems wrong. Should these be spaced? I can't remember right now I am to tired to shift through all my paperwork, so I came here.
I had a completely brilliant post but I accidentally deleted it. LOL
I think you can have some of the 12 month and 18 month shots together. Once your child hits 18 months, she's old enough to get both the 12 and 18 month vaccines. Most of the vaccines at these ages are at either one or the other age and not both. So you wouldn't receive the 2nd and 3rd dose of one vaccine.
I believe that's the case. Your doctor obviously knows better than I do.
I'm not sure if they'll wait a month. If they wont and I can't take her, I either loose her spot which we need since I will be returning to work shortly, or we pay anyway.
Maybe all they need is a written note from the doctor. I mean she IS getting them. I know there were forms I filled out for Karrigan because she is behind on some of hers. We're doing a delayed vaccine schedual for her because of her medical issues. I want to be sure she has them, but we're doing things a little slower for her. Course it doesn't help that for 2 sets of shots she ended up sick so she was behind even more.
I'll have to do some more digging. See what I can find. I need to actually meet with the director tomorrow morning about this. I'm sure there is a way to work this out, I mean she's technically been there nearly 2 years without her shots up to date. Which I feel really bad about.
You can get those together, no worries. They will do them in separate thighs. We had to get Gus caught up for school in a bit of a rush when he started preschool and he got his MMR, Hib, DTaP, HepB & PCV the same day, no issues whatsoever.
Crissy ♥ mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09