ALL vaxes?

Forum: Choosing to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 26th, 2009, 09:48 PM
MamaLacey's Avatar Mama of two boys & TTC #3
Send a message via AIM to MamaLacey Send a message via Yahoo to MamaLacey
We get all vaccinations. My 3yr old died from a vaccine preventable disease, but he was too young for the vaccine. So it's important to me that my children are fully vaccinated.

In my opinion, I'd say someone that selectivly vax's, they are a vaccinator.
My 3yr old son Landan died 23hrs after being diagnosed with Meningococcal Meningitis. It is a potentially vaccine preventable disease. The vaccine isn't on the schedule until 11-12yrs but is approved for use at age 2yrs. Our second son received the vaccine in December 2010 when he was 2yrs old. My son & thousands of other children prove that a vaccine is needed at a younger age.
Meningitis Awareness FB - http://www.facebook.com/meningitisawareness
Landan's Story - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dLwEgZaS68
Landan's Memorial bracelets are available at his website below.

My Facebook - Landan's Memory-Of - AngelLandan.com
May 27th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Crys's Avatar Vampire Loving Mama :)
Send a message via MSN to Crys Send a message via Yahoo to Crys
I have vaxed for everything minus the flu shot they wanted to give him last month at his 6 month check up. Its not flu season and I figured I would wait until he turns 1 this october then vax him for it.

We will vax for everything else though

June 1st, 2009, 04:43 PM
Zanahoria's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria View Post
If you get every single vaccine mentioned rather than looking into it and deciding it sounds like a good idea or a bad idea, why do you get it without further thought?
From this statement, it appears you believe that if someone chooses to get all the recommended vaccines, they haven't researched them. Can't someone research vaccines and decide that they ALL sound like a good idea?

Contrary to what some people think, the moms here who fully vaccinate have researched plenty and still decided that it was safer than not vaccinating. I am one of them.
June 3rd, 2009, 02:04 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria View Post
Do you get ALL the vaxes out there for your kids, from polio to chicken pox, or do you pick and choose?
We get all the recommended vaccines. We did somewhat selectively vaccinate our 4th child - we started getting hers late and we spread them out and got them on our own schedule. She was born shortly after our son's autism diagnosis and I wanted to do more research. I found nothing to convince me that I should avoid vaccines and have since resumed vaccinating on schedule.

Quote:
If you get every single vaccine mentioned rather than looking into it and deciding it sounds like a good idea or a bad idea, why do you get it without further thought?
We don't get them rather than looking into them, we get them after we look into, since I have yet to find a reason for MY children not to get a recommended and available vaccine.

Quote:
If someone selectively vaxes (such as getting MMR, but skipping the chicken pox vaccine), is that person considered to be a vaxer or a non-vaxer? (I've heard both ways on this.)
In my opinion, if you get any vaccines at all, you are a "vaxer". A selective vaccinator, yes, but not a "non-vaxer". Saying selective vaccinators are non-vaxers would be like saying someone who only eats some animals is a vegetarian, kwim?

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!

Last edited by picklesmama; June 3rd, 2009 at 02:07 PM.
June 16th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
I do all vaxes
July 11th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am going to get all the recommended vaccinations.

I trust the hundreds researchers and studies and doctors to provide accurate information and only suggest things that they have evidence are safe.

In fact I personally dislike calling the fact that I read as much as I can before making my choice--research. To me research refers to controlled studies whose results are published in peer-reviewed journals. I know it's a question of semantics, and the word research means different things to different people. So I read and come to conclusions based on other peoples' research.

I also think the vax/anti-vax labels are questions of semantics, too. For this issue I do not like separating people into distinct groups. There are people who get every vaccination, people who get only some, and people who get none at all.

All that means is I can't answer your last question!
July 11th, 2009, 12:20 PM
*Kiliki*'s Avatar i have absolute power
the only one i will not do is gardasil....
Request Siggy Here SEE GALLERY HERE Request Banner Siggy Here

July 28th, 2009, 11:19 AM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
We opted NOT to vax our infant for rotavirus. Our reason for this was based on a lengthy convo with our pedi....we've dealt with a lot worse than the vomiting and diarrhea that it can bring. Our older son put us through a lot fo that and the pedi knew we could handle everythign at home, but would know when it was enough to do the hospital. He didn't feel the risks outweighed the benefits for OUR child.

At Sam's 4yo appt, he was supposed to get 4 shots (MMR. DPT, Polio, Chicken Pox booster). Because of his delays (not vax related....he was already showing signs of the delays before the MMR!) we didn't think he'd let them get 4 needles in his legs. So they did 2 at the appt and he'll get the other 2 when I take the baby in for his 6 month check up.

I don't do flu shots for any of us. But we've been in an area that doesn't get cold and all closed up. I might consider doign them this year especially with Swine Flu added to the mix.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search