A Pox On You (Article)

Forum: Choosing to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2009, 01:16 PM
MamaLacey's Avatar Mama of two boys & TTC #3
Send a message via AIM to MamaLacey Send a message via Yahoo to MamaLacey
Someone passed this article on Facebook

Quote:
According to Paul Offit, the chief of the infectious diseases division at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and author of Autism's False Prophets: Bad Science, Risky Medicine, and the Search for a Cure, the danger that nonvaccinated children pose to immunocompromised children couldn't be clearer. Those who cannot be vaccinated, including young babies, transplant, and cancer patients, depend on the immunity of the herd to protect them. In recent years, in communities where many parents opt out of vaccinating their children, the herd has diminished. As a result, unvaccinated children have died from totally preventable infectious diseases such as measles, meningitis, and pertussis.
My son has cancer. He can't go into day care because of unvaccinated children. - By Stephanie Tatel - Slate Magazine
My 3yr old son Landan died 23hrs after being diagnosed with Meningococcal Meningitis. It is a potentially vaccine preventable disease. The vaccine isn't on the schedule until 11-12yrs but is approved for use at age 2yrs. Our second son received the vaccine in December 2010 when he was 2yrs old. My son & thousands of other children prove that a vaccine is needed at a younger age.
Meningitis Awareness FB - http://www.facebook.com/meningitisawareness
Landan's Story - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dLwEgZaS68
Landan's Memorial bracelets are available at his website below.

My Facebook - Landan's Memory-Of - AngelLandan.com
October 21st, 2009, 01:32 PM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
I've only lurked on this board, but I was going to pass that article along also

October 21st, 2009, 07:36 PM
Jean Grey's Avatar Veteran
Oh sad! One of my "friends" on facebook just posted a video of Jenny McCarthy saying how "smart" she is. I wish people like her would realize that they aren't just putting their own kids at risk, but they are very selfishly risking the lives of others.

October 22nd, 2009, 12:03 AM
MamaLacey's Avatar Mama of two boys & TTC #3
Send a message via AIM to MamaLacey Send a message via Yahoo to MamaLacey
Jenny & smart shouldn't be allowed in the same sentence! LOL Wow!
My 3yr old son Landan died 23hrs after being diagnosed with Meningococcal Meningitis. It is a potentially vaccine preventable disease. The vaccine isn't on the schedule until 11-12yrs but is approved for use at age 2yrs. Our second son received the vaccine in December 2010 when he was 2yrs old. My son & thousands of other children prove that a vaccine is needed at a younger age.
Meningitis Awareness FB - http://www.facebook.com/meningitisawareness
Landan's Story - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dLwEgZaS68
Landan's Memorial bracelets are available at his website below.

My Facebook - Landan's Memory-Of - AngelLandan.com
October 22nd, 2009, 06:29 AM
Jean Grey's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLacey View Post
Jenny & smart shouldn't be allowed in the same sentence! LOL Wow!
Ugh, I know! I finally just quietly deleted her from my friends list. I know there's nothing I can say to change her mind, so I don't bother.
I don't think I can post it, but Cracked.com (a humor site) had an article about Jenny McCarthy when she was on The Doctors (that Dr. Phil spin-off). They have a picture of whichever Sears is on that show with a speech bubble that says "Now granted, I've never hosted MTV's Singled Out, but I still I know a thing or two about autism." I always think of that picture when people bring her up. I think I'd rather listen to a real doctor who went to real medical school than some MTV has-been who went to "Google University."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search