So we all got our H1N1 vax's but now ds has it

Forum: Choosing to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We all got our Swine flu vaccines. I even got the kids both doses and used the mist which is supposed to be more effective than the shot but to my surprise I took ds to the doc today.

His symptoms are headache, cough, congestion, 100 fever, nausea, throwing up. I thought he had a sinus infection or a stomach virus and cold but he tested positive for Type A flu which the pedi says is the Swine flu/H1N1. They immediatly started him on Tamiflu and my OB started me on Tamiflu also.

The pedi said though that since I had him vaccinated he won't end up getting severely ill from it or having any severe complications so I'm very relieved about that! Had I not vaccinated him I'd probably be freaking out right about now.

Just thought I'd share. I've had some people tell me well he got sick b/c you vaccinated him but that's just not true. He had his vaccines finished back in November. It's been too long for the vax to make him sick now.

January 12th, 2010, 10:26 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
The hospital here was giving the shot to children and the mist only to the adults because they told us the shot was more effective than the mist for kids - go figure. So much conflicting info! Your DS had both doses? Hopefully it will be a mild case. We didn't get Gus the vax, since he had it (the actual flu) back in June - but wouldn't you know it he got it again in November! 2nd time was mild, he gt over it fast - but man his fever went high, up to 107! Hope Joshua feels better fast!

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
January 13th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry your son ended up in the small percentage for whom the vaccine isn't effective. Take good care of him!
January 13th, 2010, 06:54 AM
mom2nate
That blows. That is why I have a hard time with flu vaccines...I am totally pro vaccines but I struggle with having faith in the flu vaccines....

Last edited by mom2nate; January 13th, 2010 at 09:10 AM.
January 13th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep he had both doses and we were up most of the night last night. He was throwing up and had a fever of 104 that wouldn't budge. I don't think he's even going back to school at all this week.

January 13th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Jean Grey's Avatar Veteran
Poor little guy! I hope he gets better soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search