Revaccination

Forum: Choosing to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2010, 03:35 PM
~LaNa~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello girls
I have kinda issue with the vaccination and revaccination schedule and my baby's pedi leave it all up to me and gave me no real answer so i have to find info all myself.
My girl got her first vaccine at 2 and a half months.We should go back for revaccination in 2 months but the problem is that we'll be out of the country (we live in Canada) for at least 6 months.
The vaccine she got isn't avaiable there.Well it's not given as one shot but 2 separate ones plus the one against polio is an oral one.

I have no idea what to do.Should i get her revaccinated there? I know that there is a time line to be respected when it come to the period between the shots.

As i said Kalina's pedi doesn't really care nor tried to help with an advice.

Thanks for reading
May 15th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Jean Grey's Avatar Veteran
Which vaccine is it? And where will you be living? Some of the diseases that are prevented by vaccines are much more prevalent in other countries. Will you find a new pediatrician while you're away--may be you could ask him/her for advice.

May 16th, 2010, 05:01 AM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
sometimes the timeline that needs to be "respected" is "at least", like the first shot, then the second "at least" 6 months later.

ditto finding a pediatrician. that young and she'll need other vax's.

OR

you could say bunk to the whole thing and wait on everything til you get back. you'd only be a few months behind the regular schedule and you and your pedi could set up your own catch up schedule.

I do this with my boys. I don't let them get more than 2 vax's at a time (one in each leg), I just take them back to the dr a month later for any others.

May 16th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you tried calling public health? I'm not sure where in canada you are, but in new brunswick you can get vac at your dr or at public health...and the nurses there would be able to answer those types of questions much more effectively (if there is not public health try von)
May 18th, 2010, 03:28 PM
MamaLacey's Avatar Mama of two boys & TTC #3
Send a message via AIM to MamaLacey Send a message via Yahoo to MamaLacey
I'm not sure because I live in the US but hope that you can get an answer as to what to do! And your little girl is super cute!
My 3yr old son Landan died 23hrs after being diagnosed with Meningococcal Meningitis. It is a potentially vaccine preventable disease. The vaccine isn't on the schedule until 11-12yrs but is approved for use at age 2yrs. Our second son received the vaccine in December 2010 when he was 2yrs old. My son & thousands of other children prove that a vaccine is needed at a younger age.
Meningitis Awareness FB - http://www.facebook.com/meningitisawareness
Landan's Story - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dLwEgZaS68
Landan's Memorial bracelets are available at his website below.

My Facebook - Landan's Memory-Of - AngelLandan.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search