Transporting a vaccine?

Forum: Choosing to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2010, 06:00 AM
~LaNa~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My baby's pedi said that she might give us the second dose of her first vaccine so it can be injected elsewhere as we won't be in the country for quite some time.
Do u girls know if i will be able to take the vaccine with me on the plane?If so what should i do to keep it cool?A special packaging or something like that?

I'm sorry,i'm thread happy this morning it's the second one i started but i hope u dont mind.
Thanks
June 17th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Jean Grey's Avatar Veteran
I would assume that they'd ship it to a local doctor rather than have you take it. It would probably be a big liability to give that to you directly.
Have a safe trip

October 18th, 2010, 04:30 PM
LisaW's Avatar Blessed Mama
I realize it's much to late to answer your question. I left the board for a long time after something attacked my computer while on this site. Left me a little afraid to drop in.

Vaccine must remain in cold chain. It would be wrong of your doctor to give you a vaccine to just take with you. I don't know which vaccine you're referring to, but if it's a refrigerated vaccine, it must be between 2 and 8 degrees celcius or if frozen, less than -15 degrees celcius. Out of cold chain will result in a useless vaccine.

Lisa

My Scentsy Website
Email Me!
July 26th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Tofu Bacon
Some live-virus vaccines need to be frozen, while all others need to be refrigerated.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search