Whooping Cough

Forum: Choosing to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2010, 09:22 AM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Have you and other adults in your child's life had your booster vaccine, or do you plan to? Has your pedi even offered it?

Deadly Whooping Cough, Once Wiped Out, Is Back : NPR

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
November 15th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Just Jen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My daughter was born extremely early, and after a very long battle in the nicu she is home, on oxygen therapy and with a compromised immune system. A "simple cold" could be enough to kill her at this stage. While I was still out of it in the hospital (on mag sulfate) they gave me dtap and my arm hurt for WEEKS. They got dh too - which is fine and dandy and I have no problem with it.

What I didn't know, and I consider myself rather intelligent, is that DTaP is recommended every 10 years. Not for the tetanus like I thought, but for the Pertussis. I'm a little upset that no doctor ever suggested it to me in my adult life. My previous vax was when I was 16 or 17 - after I'd been bitten by a girl - so it's pretty memorable. No mention of it since.

With the birth of my dd, everyone in the extended family has been more than willing to do whatever it takes to keep her safe. Even my inlaws - who dont get to see dd until end of RSV season are getting boosters, now that they are educated.

It's not a secret, so why don't more people know?

Last edited by Just Jen; November 15th, 2010 at 09:07 PM.
January 18th, 2011, 09:28 AM
missy11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my dh ande i both got boosters. kai hasnt got his dtap yet...im on the fence of wether im getting it or not for him

[IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
February 12th, 2011, 10:44 PM
ToriLeigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got mine, while pregnant no less. I'm a nursing student and get exposed to all kinds of junk, so I don't mess around with my vaccines, especially with a brand new baby in the house. Now if only dh would stop being a wuss and get his.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search