Anti vac poster on my home board and me finally saying something about it

Forum: Choosing to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 1 Post By Casey99
  • 6 Post By sharilyn
  • 6 Post By Oriyan
  • 4 Post By Anchored

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Regular
Someone on our home board keeps trying to push non vaccinating. I've been ignoring the posts, but I finally snaped and posted on their most recent post. She posted that autism is listed as a possible side effect to the DPT vac on the FDA site. I posted in response about how she left out that the healthcare providers were required to report all findings and this doesn't mean they are related. You can read my colorful resonse in the Due in August board, the topic is near the top, you'll know which one.

I'm both pissed off at her blatantly making it sound like its been shown that vaccines cause autism because of this link she posted (which I actually took the time to read) and that she keeps pushing this **** omn our home board. I told her that there's a board for that crap. Well, I didn't say crap, but anyway, I told her that she shoud be ashamed that she wasn't trying to inform the moms but she was trying to push her own opinions by her misleading post.

Anyway since calling her out on her bogus post and how that her regualr vaccine bashing posts belong in the anti vaccine forum ...now she's "taking a break"...Seems she just wanted to preach her BS and not be contradicted or corrected. I am very pro vaccine but I have NEVER posted anything regarding it on my home board.

I acutally haven't read the other replies because I'm sure I was flamed for it. Because it seems that most people dont get mad at the person posting BS, they get mad at the one that calls them out on it...
tmac likes this.
July 8th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Super Mommy
You really should read the responses. everyone who did respond, did so very respectfully, even of they didn't agree with you. She never pushes her 'opinions' you have a choice to click into the topic, and it's important for everyone to have knowledge in all directions of medical options that are out there. The nice thing about these boards is to be with and learn from other women, what works for them what hasn't... I think it may have been a smidgen harsh to voice your opinion in 'the colorful post' however your opinion should also be welcome- tho 'shaming' someone for their opinion is wrong.

July 8th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
From what I read, she was not pushy at all. She never once said "You guys should not vaccinate at all because of XYZ" And there is no such thing as a "home board" here. People are free to post whatever it is they wish in their DDC -- whether it be vaccines, formula, co-sleeping, etc. DDC are not just about being pregnant and commiserating together, they are for moms helping other moms due in the same month as them in whatever they need support in, or with whatever they want to share or with whatever assistance they need in making an informed decision about vaccines, cribs, car seats,etc. She posted a link to the insert to the vaccine which is going to list ALL side effects of the vaccine, whether kids came down with a fever or diagnosed with autism. Your complete 100% pro-vaccine stance immediately got defensive because she posted literature which says hey, this is possible. It is possible to die in a car accident too, and people are informed of such before they get into cars and drive. There is nothing wrong with her just letting others know that that sort of information is out there.

You are fairly new here, and I highly suggest you learn the ropes before going off on a member like that.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
July 8th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Anchored's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Her posts have been very respectful on our DDC (both this current one and past anti-vacc posts), and she is never pushy about her views nor does she look down on anyone who chooses to vaccinate. She has been a long standing member of our DDC and everyone there is aware of her views. She has every right as a member to post her views on vaccines as do you. Pro vaccine, anti vaccine... they're both opinions and they both deserve to be respected. (ie: You need to respect her views the same way you expect respect for your own)

Your post was extremely rude and uncalled for, if you had an issue with what she posted you should have privately messaged her rather than attempting to "shame" her in front of everyone else.

(And YES, I am very much PRO-VACCINE but still respect her opinion)

*Thank you to
*Kiliki* for my beautiful signature!*

Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search