Since the previous thread closed without me being able to respond...

Forum: Choosing to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rachel

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 9th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Regular
Not sure why the other topic was closed, so I'm responding here. I really don't care how long someone has been a member. You might, but I don't. Being a meber of an interent group does not make her posts any more important than anyone else.

I find it frustrating that she posted something that was manipulative of the topic, which I'm not surprised because there really isn't much concrete stuff out there against vaccinating. Had she posted the entire "story" I wouldn't have said anything. But she purposely left out a very important detail. That type of "informing" (which its NOT) is used to mislead people into believing in incorrect things, not just about vaccines but many topics. I see she's a hippie type person, which personally I think is silly, BUT it is her business to do what she feels is the best course of action for her children. That's what we are all doing, trying to make the best choices we can for our kids and in our lives.
However, posting the stuff she posts (and honestly I skipped over her last posts on anti vac stuff) is, to me, more than making the best decisions for her kids. She's trying to deceptively influence others on a very serious health issue, and yes, for that she should be ashamed.

I hope my post did make her think that choosing not to vaccinate is a serious health choice, and if she is going to try and put her side of the story out there, by leaving out details or making things appear in ways that make her opinion look right, she will eventually come across people that will point out she is wrong.

Chosing to vaccinate is a very divisive topic, and she posts freely about it on a board where there will be different opinions. She's an idoit if she thinks this won't cause a disagreement at some point. I would never pedal my opinions on vaccinating, or other hot buttom issue (like circumcision for example) without expecting to rattle some people. To post those types of topics then get all "omg I need a break" when some gets annoyed is just stupid. Does she live in a bubble where everyone in her life just agrees with her and lets her speak her mind on anti vac without speaking up?? Well, in the real world, if you are going to bring up topics that people have strong feelings on, you need to be prepared for what might ensue. Or she can leave it to the anti vac board.

I have no regrets about what I said to her, and maybe she will realize that if she doesn't want to cause a problem, then to not post about such hot topics, no matter how nice her posts have been, she's still picking one side of a very heated debate and talking about it in a group that really isn't the debate forum. I believe there's a board for that too!

Last edited by Casey99; July 9th, 2013 at 09:23 AM.
July 9th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Generally speaking, when a topic is closed it is because the mods have determined that the conversation is not going in a productive way and that the conversation should be over. Posting a new topic about a previously closed topic is generally a bad idea.
Lucy S. likes this.
Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search