What are your reasons....?

Forum: Choosing to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2006, 03:36 AM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For choosing to vax?

For us, it due to the fact I work in an enviroment where I come into contact with illness everyday. My concern is that I could carry some of these home with me and pass them on to my little one.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

October 2nd, 2006, 07:58 PM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
I do it just so my kids stay healthy and if there ever is a breakout, then I wouldnt have to really worry!

October 3rd, 2006, 08:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I do it to protect my children and everyone else.

Personally,I do not want to contribute towards the lack of herd immunity.Measles and mumps are on the rise again due to lack of vaxers and I don't want to say I had any part in it.I think it is my place to help protect society.Vaxs have done the world a lot of good and I don't want to mess with something that has saved so many lifes UNLESS I know mychild would be at serious risk if they had them.

I am very pro vax
October 3rd, 2006, 12:10 PM
3Xblessed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would say all the reasons above...as a teacher I come in contact with it all and some of the kids I teach come from other countries where these diseases are a real and constant threat. I also believe that we have medicine for a reason and although not all the diseases cause death they can change a child forever and if I can prevent it why wouldn't I.

Lastly I teach immunity and have studied it.......
October 4th, 2006, 08:24 AM
ttmulligan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:

Personally,I do not want to contribute towards the lack of herd immunity.Measles and mumps are on the rise again due to lack of vaxers and I don't want to say I had any part in it.I think it is my place to help protect society.Vaxs have done the world a lot of good and I don't want to mess with something that has saved so many lifes UNLESS I know mychild would be at serious risk if they had them.

I am very pro vax[/b]

I feel the exact same way.

<span style="color:#CC33CC">me: Jessica, 25
DH: Patrick, 25
October 4th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I do it just so my kids stay healthy and if there ever is a breakout, then I wouldnt have to really worry![/b]

Quote:

I am very pro vax[/b]

to both... I don't think it is fair that many are choosing not to vax and putting others at risk.. it was the same when I was on bedrest during my pregnancies.. I had to go on meds.. have a stitch.. etc.. but the benefit out weighed the risk of ending up with no children at all

October 6th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Livin'In'A'Testoster
I want to protect my children from as much as I can, including diseases.

There are things that we can't control, and I think this is one that we can choose to do for them!
October 12th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:

I am very pro vax[/b]
October 13th, 2006, 05:22 AM
Mama Melissa's Avatar Bienvenue Canada
Quote:
Quote:

I am very pro vax[/b]

[/b]

It's just the smart thing to do

October 13th, 2006, 08:06 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
to all of the above ... I was vaxed but I ended up being a pretty sick kid with stuff that I is not vaccinated against, so I especially want to make sure Eric has all the boosts he can get!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search