How do you feel....

Forum: Choosing to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Livin'In'A'Testoster
About your children going to school/daycare with children who haven't been vaccinated?

I think it's a scary idea. That is an increased risk of diseases on both sides.

I would never want to tell anyone how to parent their child, but there is a reason they ask for updated shot records at my children's daycare.
October 6th, 2006, 11:34 AM
choshojo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The risk is greater for children who are not vaccinated. Those that are can still be carriers for many of the diseases they are vaccinated against and potentially spread them to the children that aren't, whereas children who are vaccinated are at least slightly less likely to get diseases from children who are not vaccinated.

It should also be noted that vaccinations do not necessarily protect our children from the diseases they were meant to. Many of the illnesses have built up immunities to the vaccines, so children who are and are not vaccinated are at risk of catching many of them in certain situations.

Most public schools and daycares require children to be vaccinated anyhow; if anyone has any concern, they can simply ask their school or daycare if they have such requirements.

October 6th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Livin'In'A'Testoster
The daycare my sons go to requires updated shot records bi-yearly.

I agree that just because they are vaccinated doesn't mean they won't get the disease, just hopefully make it less intense.

There are different strains of the diseases like the Flu. They research the strains and make the vaccines according to the likely strain.
October 8th, 2006, 02:02 AM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is a bit of a concern to me but then I think "well at least my child will be vaccinated against most of these illnesses".

I know here the main reason why records are asked for for daycare and school is so that if for example a child comes down with measles, all children who are not vaccinated against it are asked to stay away for a period of time.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search