Sources of Information

Forum: Choosing to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
http://www.cdc.gov/nip/vacsafe/concerns/th...sal/default.htm
October 14th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Stacey's Avatar Super Star...mom to 6 ♥
Thanks....

October 22nd, 2006, 02:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
thanks for hte info

I knew they stoped using it in 1999 but wonder why people are so insistent tthat they still do

October 25th, 2006, 09:58 PM
picklesmama's Avatar <;,><
Quote:
I knew they stoped using it in 1999 but wonder why people are so insistent tthat they still do[/b]
I have had people tell me that while they no longer use mercury in vaccines they still use it in the manufacturing process - but I don't know what that means...

This is a link that my son's pediatrician gave me. http://www.cdc.gov/od/science/iso/mmr_autism.htm
Gus was recently diagnosed with autism. I have to admit that even with all that I have read against the theory part of me still worries "what if..." . Why is that? I have always been pro-vaccine but now I have questions....I still have to read through the CDC site myself.

Crissy mama to Jack 7.16.01 ~ Mia Bella 10.29.02
Angus Pickle 2.24.04 ~ Sydney Bean 10.26.06 & Kater Tot 2.15.09

Looking for fun lunch ideas for kids? Check out my blog: BentOnBetterLunches!
November 7th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Livin'In'A'Testoster
Moving this one too!
February 25th, 2007, 02:39 AM
chele11's Avatar RIC
Send a message via Yahoo to chele11
Quote:
thanks for hte info

I knew they stoped using it in 1999 but wonder why people are so insistent tthat they still do[/b]
However, in July 1999, the Public Health Service (PHS) agencies, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), and vaccine manufacturers agreed that thimerosal should be reduced or eliminated in vaccines as a precautionary measure.Today, with the exception of some Influenza (flu) vaccines, none of the vaccines used in the U.S. to protect preschool children against 12 infectious diseases contain thimerosal as a preservative.

I just pulled that info from http://www.cdc.gov/od/science/iso/thimerosal.html
February 16th, 2008, 06:04 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
NONE of the sites are working?!
February 16th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Tofu Bacon
Quote:
Quote:
thanks for hte info

However, in July 1999, the Public Health Service (PHS) agencies, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), and vaccine manufacturers agreed that thimerosal should be reduced or eliminated in vaccines as a precautionary measure.Today, with the exception of some Influenza (flu) vaccines, none of the vaccines used in the U.S. to protect preschool children against 12 infectious diseases contain thimerosal as a preservative.

I just pulled that info from http://www.cdc.gov/od/science/iso/thimerosal.html
[/b]
Sorry, I just saw this now The bolded sentence is a half-truth; thimerosal may not be used as a preservative, but it is still used in the manufacturing process of several vaccines, which leaves "trace" amounts in the vaccine. But bear in mind that there is no such thing as a "trace" amount because there are still no guidlines for safety levels for ethylmercury. These vaccines still contain thimerosal:
http://www.fda.gov/cber/vaccine/thimerosal.htm

Tripedia brand of DTaP,
Engerix-B (HepB)
DT (pediatric diptheria-tetanus)
Td (adult tetanus-diptheria)
TT (tetanus booster)
Twinrix (HepA-HepB combo)
Fluvarin (infuenza)
Fluvarix (influenza)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search