We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Alex's 4 month appt is Wednesday (he'll be closer to 5 months then). He's been sick with a cold/cough/ear and eye infections for over a week. Am I correct in thinking he should not get any shots this time? Anyone have experience with this?
It depends on how severe it is. I know Eric has received vaccines with a mild cold... With an infection, though, I'm willing to bet the doctor will suggest delaying. I would just talk to his ped about your concern and see what s/he says.
At the appt, ask your Ped. They will be able to tell you if you should hold off or not.
A slight cold, I wouldn't worry and still go ahead and get them. If it's a little more severe, I would hold off until he is all better. But ask his Ped, he can give you his expert opinion.