MMR question...

Forum: Choosing to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2007, 09:58 PM
divna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, im fairly new to Canada and wonder if anyone here knows if the MMR vaccine is available in seperate shots here. ie. your child gets one shot for mumps, one for measels and one for Rubella, instead of them gettting the one MMR shot that includes them all in one.
I know that it is possible in the UK and wondered if u are willing to pay here they will do the same?
thanks for your help.

July 9th, 2007, 05:58 AM
Tofu Bacon
If specifically requested, any reasonable doctor with split them up for you. Most likely you will have to pay extra for him/her to order doses of Attenuvax, Mumosvax and Meruvax II, but if he/she has them on hand then you probebly won't have to pay extra for the doses.
August 24th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Super Mommy
Dr. Stuart Wilkinson in Calgary gave a lecture about vaccines and he mentioned that you can request MMR to be given seperately. He also suggested that you should get the shots 1 month apart.

January 3rd, 2008, 02:31 AM
divna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Dr. Stuart Wilkinson in Calgary gave a lecture about vaccines and he mentioned that you can request MMR to be given seperately. He also suggested that you should get the shots 1 month apart.[/b]

i know it was a while ago but thanks so much for that info, i dont get much of a chance to check in on here nowadays but it is getting very close to his 1 years shots and i will definately keep this in mind when i go to the doc this month

February 16th, 2008, 10:39 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
I live in Calgary and have contacted many different branches of the Calgary Health Region to get these seperate shots. I can't find a place anywhere that is willing to do it. (Now it doesn't matter because I won't be getting any. There are alternative vaccinations.)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search