Overwhelemed with information...

Forum: Choosing to Vaccinate

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Choosing to Vaccinate LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jlo1019
I have no idea what to do at this point. I'm reading a lot of information on both sides and just feel really confused. It seems as if delaying or spreading out the vaccines is a good idea.

My question to you guys - are you just not doing it or are you spreading it out?

Am I right in my assumption that the worse of all of these vaccines seems to be the hoopla surrouding the MMR vaccine?

My DH has a nephew who has aspergers and I'm afraid that genetically that puts my daughter at a higher risk.

Its hard to make an informed decision when so many people are split on this... I have yet to talk to my doctor about this and I'm afraid of what she will say to sway me either way.

March 4th, 2008, 07:36 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Quote:
I have no idea what to do at this point. I'm reading a lot of information on both sides and just feel really confused. It seems as if delaying or spreading out the vaccines is a good idea.[/b]
I totally understand why you feel this way. I've been there and still going at it. I agree with your assessment ~ it seems better to wait and do individual shots, if do it at all.

Quote:
My question to you guys - are you just not doing it or are you spreading it out?[/b]
So far, not doing it at all but I'm still researching because I want to feel 100% confident in that decision.

Quote:
Am I right in my assumption that the worse of all of these vaccines seems to be the hoopla surrouding the MMR vaccine?[/b]
Yes and No. The big hoopla about the MMR is the reaction to the measles part of it. The real connection to aspergers spectrum is the intestines. (As you know, many types seem to be "curable" or better if certain food are eliminated.) Well, the measles have been found in the intestines of people with autism/aspergers spectrum so that's pretty hard to deny the connection. Unfortunately so many "studies" try to despute there being a connection but they don't have a study that is specific to the intestines to prove that it's not connected. Most of those talk about the mercury connection which is the other part of the vaccination debate as a whole. Even in the non-MMR shots, there are ingredients like mercury, Formaldehyde, aluminum, animal & human DNA, foreign proteins, etc. etc.. which I can't ignore.

Quote:
My DH has a nephew who has aspergers and I'm afraid that genetically that puts my daughter at a higher risk.[/b]
You know, I'm only worried because of Dh's family history of allergies. I can totally see you're concerns here. At the end of the day, my gut tells me to investigate vaccinations to the fullest because only I can advocate for my daughter. The doctors "care" about my daughter but only like they care for all kids.. they can't take into account my daughter's full health like I can. All the studies in the world won't help my daughter anymore if I get the shots and she get allergies immediately. All the doctors can do is manage her allergies at that point. I see that life everyday through my dh and I don't want that for her if I can avoid it.

Quote:
Its hard to make an informed decision when so many people are split on this... I have yet to talk to my doctor about this and I'm afraid of what she will say to sway me either way.[/b]
Where I'm from all the doctors promote vaccinations and 99% don't understand the issue. I've been working hard to find out all I can through all the different agencies my country has on it.

I did learn through all of this there is an alternative vaccination program through homeopaths.

I just want you to know, you're not alone in feeling overwhelmed with everything.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search